Subject: Confusion about Command Confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

as my playing with the 20-series has started to become serious, the devil is always in the detail and strikes right away.

I got the "Command Confusion" Random Event card and applied it.
But what exactly happens to the affected unit and for how long?

I understand the 1/2 for the combat strength, but what exactly does the R mean for the Movement Allowance.

Must the affected unit rout immediately? Or only when attacked?
When is the Rout marker removed?

Au secure!
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The "R" on the Routed marker for movement purposes means that the unit can only move as if it were retreating (i.e. towards the owning player's LOC).

When you place the Routed marker on the unit it isn't actually routing/routed, so there's no loss of morale to the effected player; the effects of the counter are applicable until the end of the phasing player's turn.

When the Routed marker is removed is dependent on which version of the Standard rules you're using. With the v1.0 and v2.0 rules the marker is removed at the end of the current player turn (so, basically, the effects last only for the owning player's turn). Since I assume your question is specific to the new 2nd edition 'Waterloo 20' (which uses the v2.0 rules), you'd remove the Rout marker at the end of your player turn.

However, with the new v3.0 rules, the timing for Rout marker removal is different. Rout markers are color-coded (blue on one side, white on the other), and the color of the marker denotes at the end of which player turn they get removed. Commonly you place the marker with the color of the NEXT player turn showing (e.g. if you place the Marker in the French player's turn, you use the white side of the counter). This will mean that you're going to have to refer to the specific wording of the card as to which side of the marker gets placed face up for an event -- in this case, I suspect it would be the color of the owning player's turn, but I can't say for sure until we re-do the game to the new v3.0 standard.

Hope that helps.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow! From the master himself!

Now the emperor can rest easy again.

Thanks a lot!
So I did not everything wrong.

I currently play with the version 2.0 of the rules.

Some session reports will follow soon.

Those "20" games are quite short and bloody if you don't plan and act well.
I think, I have to learn a lot before my game play mirrors somewhat of a deliberate military operation.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Uwe,

falls Du noch andere Fragen zu Nap-20 haben solltest, kannst Du auch gern mich auf deutsch kontaktieren. Ich bin Mitglied im Testing-Team whistle

und ggf. können wir auch kurz telefonieren, wenn's schnell gehen soll...cool

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.