Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to take the time to say thank you to Mr. Pont. C:EEO is one of my favorite games now, and very close to becoming the favorite game in my collection. I have played it at least once at every meetup I've been to, sometimes twice. I could easily play it three times in a night, if need be.

I am on my 2nd copy. I took my first copy to Geekway '12 and at the end of one game one of the new players offered me cash on the spot for it. I took it. I couln't go for more than a week of not having the game before I had to purchase my 2nd copy. I will be buyin the 2nd edition as soon as it's available.

Since it's an import, I am the only one in my group that has it, so people are always begging to play it. I am happy to teach it and they love the game after playing it. I have yet to have a negative review after any play, although I only invite they "type" of player that would like this game, so it's a bit biased. Still, there could always be a person who likes this type of game but didn't like this, but I haven't found that person yet.

I am in a new private gaming group besides the public one, and we ALWAYS play it when we are together, usually twice in one night. I enjoy trying new strategies and seeing how well they do against previous ones I've done before. I am always refining my play style. Some with disasterous results and some with beneficial ones.

This game is rich in theme, mechanics, player interaction, struggle, luck, and strategy. I think I'm tainted me against all other 4x games now because of it. It's so elegant it makes the other ones to me look like dirty, uncultured native population waiting to be exploited, pilliaged, and slaughtered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!
I'm the guy who bought it from you, Craig. I have enjoyed it as well. I tried with five, and I think four is the right number.
The one thing I think it needs is a catch up mechanism for failing an exploration roll. If you miss once, maybe you can catch up, but I saw two guys miss twice in our 5p, and there was no way.
This improves on AoE. Maybe we need a mash up of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had another person offer to buy my 2nd copy, but since there are no more copies available in the united states (I bought the only two), I had to ask for $100 because that's how much it would cost me with the conversion rate and shipping.

I'll be getting the 2nd edition as soon as it's available, so I'm sure I'll sell my 1st edition to him at a discounted rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topdeckgames wrote:
I saw two guys miss twice in our 5p, and there was no way.

What was there seafaring rate at the time of failure, and what difficulty were they shooting for?

Were they using the six sided die or the 10 dice for exploration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Pont
Switzerland
Geneva
Geneva
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Craig

Try the Nations variant if you haven't. We had a lot of fun testing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.