Subject: Request for the Future: Official Proxy Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the future, would you please consider selling us some official proxy cards? Spills and tears happen in the course of play. soblue This would be a thoughtful addition to any future expansions.

Thx,

Ayumi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Protip: Use sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
Protip: Use sleeves.

This. And no drinks on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya even if you use sleeves, watch out for drink spills >

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Room essential equipment:

Get some folding trays whose height is slightly lower than the height of the main game table (that last part is important). All drinks and food are kept on those side tables.

It's win/win. Players get constant access to their snacks/drinks, and spills won't get on the game table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I HAVE THESE tables and will put this essential equipment to good use. Thanks!!!

And will buy some card sleeves. Am new to the card style game, having been an RPGer for years. But I'm branching out, as is my teenaged neighbor who just committed to playing Magic the Gathering. He'll need a slew of sleeves.

Any suggestions for protecting game tiles? Are there sleeves or other goodies available to do that?

Other game equipment and environmental suggestions?

For M & M I gotta buy a great cheese tray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Tile sleeves? I'm not aware of any. The problem would probably be a slew of non-standard sizes (or puzzle type pieces). Hmmmm. I'm seeing a potential niche market here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Tile sleeves? I'm not aware of any. The problem would probably be a slew of non-standard sizes (or puzzle type pieces). Hmmmm. I'm seeing a potential niche market here.

This was discussed a few months back for the ST: Fleet Captains tiles from one of the companies specializing in sleeves. The conclusion was it just wasnt feasable to do sleeves for hexes. And tile sleeves would only work if there were some sort of standardized size. And there isnt.

Closest seems can get is taking them to some laminating place and having them laminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Berry
msg tools
Put the tiles under a piece of glass or acrylic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BauchleBerry wrote:
Put the tiles under a piece of glass or acrylic.

That might be a little awkward, since you add tiles as you play, as well as flip tiles over as you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Berry
msg tools
Glass is light, you know. And it's better than tears and dropping food all over the tiles. Except cheese, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, still not worth it to me. Of course, I don't sleeve my cards, either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håvard Sommerseth
Norway
Kløfta
Kløfta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could scan the tiles, print them in full color, and laminate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card sleeves are sensible, due tothe constant handling and shuffling cards generally receive, the wear they are subjected to, and the oils from handling.

Laminating or sleeving game board tiles seems ... prohibitive, in cost, labor, and/or storage. At the cost of laminating or sleeving, you'likely be able to purchase a complete replacement game.

Sleeve the cards, use side tables and allow no food or drinks on game table, and most of all...relax. It's a game. You're supposed to be enjoying it, not fretting over it ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend who bought a roll of shrink wrap plastic sheet, and wrap or the components with it. That includes the wheel in Ora et Labora.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.