Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I am stoked to introduce this to my family tonight (wife and 2 kids ~12 and 10). The 3 of them are pretty good gamers, so can handle special rules, etc.

I went through the book's tutorial with the wife and found it too simplistic, in a way. My family would prefer more of a full game experience to start off with.
That said, we don't want to get utterly overrun because we are still very much in the learning phase of our enjoyment with this game.

Do any of you have a suggestion as to which scenario in the book would serve as good "go-between"?

Which scenario would be a good one to start off with?

Any advice would be appreciated; thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking maybe #02 Y-Zone?

I am at work and don't have the book in front of me...that's just the one I remember thinking might serve my needs here...

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with the tutorial one, as far as i can tell, you can easily cram it and another one in a normal duration session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally would (and, when I get it, will) play through the tutorial scenario (0 iirc) first - just to get the mechanics down.

And, though I plan to then play through each of the scenarios in turn, you might want to then jump straight to the one with the bunker, and the needing to find the key.

I reckon experienced games players could rattle off both in one sitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my wife and I got the rules down...and we can sort of guide the kids along as it's a coop game...

The tutorial was fun enough...but I hate training wheels...the small spawn deck, the lack of starter equipment, etc.

We want a bigger (i.e. dangerous) experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A general rule (well, so far this is true with us when we played) with this game about number of tiles, difficulty and play time:

4 tiles - easy - 45-60 minutes
6 tiles - medium - 60-120 minutes
9 tiles - hard - 120-180 minutes

I recommend trying scenario #4 or #6 next. Both are very challenging and you need to make a plan to survive. Playing with the cars is a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg, thanks for that info; we will probably do one of those next!

The family and I just got through #02 and it was great! My wife and I died, quite heroically and altruistically, to allow the kids to escape. They both did ( although only 1 was needed ). We all had a good time...it took about 90 minutes, as I explained the game over the first 2-3 turns.

Some questions popped up, which I am going to research answers for...and if I dont find any, I'll post for help

There was a veritable hoard on the board for much of the game...halfway through until the end...we needed to be real smart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Funnily enough, I think the last mission, 10, is a good starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.