Subject: 2nd Edition with Updated Rules ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
is there a 2nd edition planned with updated rules with perhaps pictures showing setup and gameplay ?

everyone is saying how bad the rules are and i generally aint the best at deciphering rules that are unclear and thus become quite bad at explaining them when i'm not clear.

if there is, i would be happy to know when it will be published ?

or better still, do they intend to send out an updated ruleset ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a misunderstanding by Tom Vasel on his video; there is no 2nd edition yet. I think the rules are fine. Not great, but you should be able to play from those (and maybe a quick check on the forums here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
If you're concerned about the board setup, I've uploaded an image of board setup to this very website.
For that matter, I've also uploaded the rules. If you want you can give them a read and see if you find them confusing.

If you have any questions or concerns about the game, I'll be glad to answer them at my company e-mail: jeremy@gamenightproductions.com. I tend to check the forums here pretty regularly but I always check my work e-mail at least once a day and I'm glad to deal with rules queries.

...Well, when I'm not at con. Then I have no internet at all.
If you're at GenCon, I will be there and I will be glad to show you how the game plays out in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Le Saulnier
msg tools
sounds like there are a lot of people looking for a 2nd edition or updated rule book. Maybe if there was some sort of promise that in an expansion or a short run kick starter or something people could upgrade their first edition to the 2nd edition. Then more people might be willing to jump in. I'm sure you have plenty of stock left and need to sell it first before you even think about a 2nd edition.

I saw that video from dice tower but the only reason I've waited on this was a few other things had popped up before hand that I couldn't wait on. But the more I read about the game and hear from others the more excited I get about it. I plan on getting it next month, and expect it to become one of my go to games. I can't sit around and hope that enough people will take the plunge before me to make what sounds like an already awesome game just a teeny bit better.

People need to realize that in order for there to be a 2nd edition or expansions the first edition has to sell really well first, especially from a small start up company(does one person constitute a company?) If we all wait for a few upgraded cards and rulebook then it will never come to that. But it would be nice that if it did come to that, that those of us that helped it get there might be taken care of somehow as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
karishi wrote:
If you're concerned about the board setup, I've uploaded an image of board setup to this very website.
For that matter, I've also uploaded the rules. If you want you can give them a read and see if you find them confusing.

If you have any questions or concerns about the game, I'll be glad to answer them at my company e-mail: jeremy@gamenightproductions.com. I tend to check the forums here pretty regularly but I always check my work e-mail at least once a day and I'm glad to deal with rules queries.

...Well, when I'm not at con. Then I have no internet at all.
If you're at GenCon, I will be there and I will be glad to show you how the game plays out in person.

hi Jeremy

thanks for the upload. i saw it and will download it when i get back home
i took the plunge anyway and bought a copy from an online game store

looking forward to playing it !
and if i have any questions, i will be posting it on the forums
devil

Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is quickly becoming one of my favorite games and I recommend it to everyone to at least give it a try!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
mbmbmbmbmb
The book is fine, I would like to see either a board ala thunderstone, but other than that. Rules are fine. Easy to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.