Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gunship: First Strike!» Forums » News

Subject: Rules Companion Launched! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, guys,

here's all the rules for 3 and 4-Player Gunship, along with the rules for Asteroids, Crewmates, Upgrades and 2 new cards!

http://escapepodgames.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/rules-comp...

Check it out and let me know if anything does not make sense, etc. This has got to be in China right away!

Page Order is A,B,C,D and then E and F are a separate flyout that will be packed into the folded portion.

Thanks!

Steve

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is SO exciting!!!

- So X-Plodium asteroids are now Green Ore asteroids? That's a very drastic name-change. I know that many people did not like the X-Plodium (me too), but I had hoped for a less cheesy, but still sci-fi'ific name for the ore.

- Enemies may increase the damage a large asteroid does to me? How? Tractorbeam pool billard??

- Gunship: Arsenal? Would you be so kind to enlighten us to what this will be all about?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Gunship: Arsenal? Would you be so kind to enlighten us to what this will be all about?


I do believe that this is the first expansion for the game containing all the stuff that was unlocked during the kickstarter campaign. So the list should look something like this:

-Crew mates Mini Exp
-Asteroid Mini Exp
-Green and White Carriers with 2D12
-X-weapons and Upgrade cards
-Gunship and fighter tokens

I might have forgotten a few things but the rules companion is in the main game for two reasons. Firstly, all the KS backers will be getting all of the stuff. Secondly, to tempt those that buy the game from the store to buy the expansion. I believe Steve did mention something along these lines in a KS update/forum conversation somewhere but don't recall the place.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hzfreelancer wrote:
rashktah wrote:
Gunship: Arsenal? Would you be so kind to enlighten us to what this will be all about?


I do believe that this is the first expansion for the game containing all the stuff that was unlocked during the kickstarter campaign. So the list should look something like this:

-Crew mates Mini Exp
-Asteroid Mini Exp
-Green and White Carriers with 2D12
-X-weapons and Upgrade cards
-Gunship and fighter tokens

I might have forgotten a few things but the rules companion is in the main game for two reasons. Firstly, all the KS backers will be getting all of the stuff. Secondly, to tempt those that buy the game from the store to buy the expansion. I believe Steve did mention something along these lines in a KS update/forum conversation somewhere but don't recall the place.


Give that man a cigar!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
This is SO exciting!!!

- So X-Plodium asteroids are now Green Ore asteroids? That's a very drastic name-change. I know that many people did not like the X-Plodium (me too), but I had hoped for a less cheesy, but still sci-fi'ific name for the ore.

- Enemies may increase the damage a large asteroid does to me? How? Tractorbeam pool billard??

- Gunship: Arsenal? Would you be so kind to enlighten us to what this will be all about?


At some point we have to call them SOMETHING. I'm just about out of time. No one liked any of the names I came up with and I did not like any of the suggestions (no offense). I'm going to go generic for now and if Asteroids takes off we can add new names and types later. I'll give this more thought, though, in the time remaining.

Try not to think of it as your enemies increasing the damage of Large Asteroids but as a random event. The Asteroids drawn in the Carrier Phase are on a different scale than the ones drawn in other phases. A Large Asteroid coming at your Gunship is MUCH smaller than the one coming at your Carrier, etc. I wanted there to be a chance, a couple of times per game, for a REALLY big Asteroid to smash someone's Carrier. This gives the encounter more of a risk and a bit of tension, because if you stay ONE more turn, that may be the one that kills you.

By adding a random chance for these big asteroids to do incredible damage, it spices things up and makes it less predictable. Otherwise the Large Asteroid might as well be 2 regular asteroids, requiring 3 hits each to destroy and doing 2 hits if they get through.

So it is not your opponent who is magically making that rock bigger, it is the circumstance of where it hits, how fast it was moving etc. Your opponent simply gets the pleasure of throwing down the cards to help this unfold! Is this going to happen very often? no. He will probably not hold a hand full of modifiers on the small chance that you will draw a Large one. But sometimes things will fall into place and you'll take 5 or 6 hits to your Carrier. Gives your Carrier Captain something to think about - those guys get paid a LOT. lol

Yep, Gunship:Arsenal will be a set of all the current expansion items. I'm packing them into one deal to avoid having to sell it all piecemeal.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yep, Gunship:Arsenal will be a set of all the current expansion items. I'm packing them into one deal to avoid having to sell it all piecemeal.
Good, so I don't need to buy THAT stuff.

Now, what about those nifty MK2 sets we all can buy from you in due time...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have an announcement about those when we get closer to Preorder Time. I'm hoping to run another BGG contest around then as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:
I'll have an announcement about those when we get closer to Preorder Time. I'm hoping to run another BGG contest around then as well.
Sounds cool to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.