Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The winning and losing conditions are the same for single and multi-player games as it is a cooperative game...

You can only win by eliminating all 4 generals.

You can lose in many ways...
A) Any 1 of the 4 Generals move into the center city
B) If forced to spread a minion on the board and the is none left in the supply to place
C) All tainted crystals are placed on the board
D) If 5 minions are present in the center city
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defenders is a cooperative game, and is all about everyone working together 100% to defeat the evil generals and their minions. There is no hidden information, and this makes it very easy to play this game by yourself.

The game was optimized to work with 4 players, and when I play solo, I play all 4 myself. This might sound crazy and complicated, but it really isn't at all.

I try to compare it to playing a video game. Often times (take final fantasy for example) you manage more than one character at a time. It isn't too different here.

Playing this game with just one person would be incredibly challenging and I would imagine frustrating. Playing it with multiple characters is an awesome solo time. One of my favorites!

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually only play with 2 or 3 characters (to save some table space), but I find this game VERY enjoyable solo.

The characters are quite different in abilities, so each turn is different to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.