Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Local McDonalds finds a new way to p*** me off and lose a customer. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So during last week's WBC, I was given a number of McDonalds coupons; most are of the 'buy one, get one' variety. As I am a fan of their 'Premium' Crispy Chicken sandwiches, I get some usage from them. Even used one a week ago, and another one a day later. No problems.

Today I go to cash a coupon in. Here's what I'm told:

Since we already have a special on Thursdays for that sandwich, we can't redeem your coupon today.

Seriously, WTF???

So, that basically means that all my coupons are useless (as they got these so-called 'specials' every day of the week)?

I ended up passing on lunch today (and they also screwed my son over by not including Apple Dippers ... he doesn't even dip them), and I'll be starving myself until dinner. And I'm not going back to that establishment for a long, long time.

Utter BS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually makes sense. The general rule of thumb on things like this is that you can't combine specials. I.e. you can't get 30% off and 2 for 1. Likely if you look on your coupon it says the coupon can not be combined with any other special offers.

Mind you the special on the sandwich is just one day meaning you can use your coupon on other days and as you say you have already used two other coupons so far so they aren't useless.

You should have simply taken the special today and then used your coupon on one of the other 6 days of the week the sandwich isn't on special. That way you save twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Mind you the special on the sandwich is just one day meaning you can use your coupon on other days ...

Today is Saturday. The 'special' offer is for Thursdays. The girl in the drive-thru told me they could not redeem my coupon today (Saturday) because of their deal that I can't use (Thursday).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be able to use either or - either the special or the coupon, not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
mbauer8286 wrote:
Should be able to use either or - either the special or the coupon, not both.

If the deal is set on their computers they may not be able to do that. They may only be able to sell the sandwich at the discount price. Remember you can't talk logic to a computer and the poor girl behind the counter likely can't enter in a different price for the item.

I actually had this happen recently at Best Buy and they could do it. Was buying a TV for the bedroom and had a discount through my wife's work. The TV was 25% off as the weekend special but the discount through my wife's work was 30% so I got it for 30%. Mind you Best Buy's check out is a bit more advanced but even so the manager should be able to override whatever it is even at a McDonalds.

Coyotek4 wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Mind you the special on the sandwich is just one day meaning you can use your coupon on other days ...

Today is Saturday. The 'special' offer is for Thursdays. The girl in the drive-thru told me they could not redeem my coupon today (Saturday) because of their deal that I can't use (Thursday).

Then the girl at the drive through is a ditz and you are correct. If there isn't a special already on the sandwich today then your coupon is valid and should have been accepted. Likely she (a) just didn't want to go through the hassle of entering the coupon or (b) didn't know how. You should have asked for the manager or should call now and ask to talk to the manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad they didn't loose a customer. That would p*** me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask for a manager, you should be able to use the coupon or their deal, your choice. The only problem I have had with them is when they put cheeseburgers on sale below the cost of hamburgers. My son is allergic to dairy, but they refuse to remove the cheese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Coyotek4 wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Then the girl at the drive through is a ditz and you are correct. If there isn't a special already on the sandwich today then your coupon is valid and should have been accepted. Likely she (a) just didn't want to go through the hassle of entering the coupon or (b) didn't know how. You should have asked for the manager or should call now and ask to talk to the manager.

I'm hoping it's just 'b', but as I had already ordered the rest of our meal (if I started with it, we'd've just left then and there) and I didn't want to hold the line up, I just paid for the rest of the meal and left angry. This does seem to happen more often with the drive-thru for whatever reason, proving once again that Joe Pesci knows of what he speaks ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14URLa0ZcA

(I don't imbed due to some harsh, if appropriate, language.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Call the number on the receipt. I have done it several times and always got free coupons for whatever I was bitching about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
I'm just glad they didn't loose a customer. That would p*** me off.

Let customers be free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
Call the number on the receipt. I have done it several times and always got free coupons for whatever I was bitching about.

Getting free coupons for complaining about a store not accepting coupons seems rather like adding insult to injury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As if anyone needed a reason to never eat that crappy over marketed food again!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Coyotek4 wrote:
And I'm not going back to that establishment for a long, long time.

Utter BS!

You're a mere mortal and you'll be back sooner than you think, because...

...it's coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
mcrib was the worst mcdonalds experience I ever had. I took one bite, marched right up to the counter and asked for an exchange or refund. They gave me a quarter pounder.

Go to white castle and get the pulled pork sandwich. awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Da Debil wrote:
...it's coming.

Nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Harasimowicz
Germany
Hilden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't expect my overweight lesbian feeder fetish to be realized in bgg thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

If the deal is set on their computers they may not be able to do that.

While I understand what you're saying, and have seen variations on this theme before, this actually just makes it even worse in my mind. It's wrong, but the machine's the one in control here so we can't fix it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother is a retail manager. He says there is a significant minority of customers who come in and only buy loss leader items (items priced below cost to draw customers), sale items, items with coupons, etc. These same people tend to ask for rain checks, return items for refund, and ask for additional customer service more than other shoppers. Since these customers aren't profit-generating and they create an administrative burden, it's a good manager's job to treat them just well enough so they don't make a big stink up to corporate but not well enough to want to necessarily keep them coming back. Not every customer is worth keeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

If the deal is set on their computers they may not be able to do that.

While I understand what you're saying, and have seen variations on this theme before, this actually just makes it even worse in my mind. It's wrong, but the machine's the one in control here so we can't fix it?

Mc Donalds and other fast food companies want the job to be as unskilled as possible. They actually prefer to turn over the staff quickly in order to keep their fixed costs low. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of these decisions could not be overridden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
This actually makes sense. The general rule of thumb on things like this is that you can't combine specials. I.e. you can't get 30% off and 2 for 1. Likely if you look on your coupon it says the coupon can not be combined with any other special offers.

Mind you the special on the sandwich is just one day meaning you can use your coupon on other days and as you say you have already used two other coupons so far so they aren't useless.

You should have simply taken the special today and then used your coupon on one of the other 6 days of the week the sandwich isn't on special. That way you save twice.

Sorry mr. Bean is right, I think the OP is getting his knickers In a big bunch for no reason...

I know someone that used to work at Subway sandwiches. She said often people would come in with a buy 1 get 1 free with the purchased of a drink. They would want to redeem the Coupon but they didn't want the drink. The person would just say "you don't have to take it, but I have to charge you for it" in which the customers would get irate.

Or the other thing is that they would want the more expensive sub free... Uh yea... Thats now how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
mcrib was the worst mcdonalds experience I ever had. I took one bite, marched right up to the counter and asked for an exchange or refund. They gave me a quarter pounder.

Go to white castle and get the pulled pork sandwich. awesome.

You're beaver (stupid Ipad auto-correct) braver then me, I would never ever try one, looks so awful. I stick with regular big macs or quarter pounders if I go..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
Ask for a manager, you should be able to use the coupon or their deal, your choice. The only problem I have had with them is when they put cheeseburgers on sale below the cost of hamburgers. My son is allergic to dairy, but they refuse to remove the cheese.

What frustrates me, is that every summer, they have free small coffees for about 2 weeks as a promotion. Just show up, get a free small coffee.

Their tea (any size) is the same price as a small coffee... But I have to pay. I can't stand coffee... I understand it's two seperate drinks, but you'd think it be nice to extend that courtesy to those of us who drink tea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Karstens
United States
Nevada
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always disliked McDonalds. It is my mom's favorite fast food place. Before I had kids, I would always tell people my kids would not eat McDonalds and people laughed at me. I have two boys, ages 10 and 12. They hate McD's and when staying with my mom, give her trouble when she forces them to eat there. Smart kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.