B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This post will be maintained as needed, and will link to an official FAQ from FFG when and if such an FAQ is posted.

I will be editting this post as needed.

This post contains conventional wisdom and is intended to be a community resource.

I am not affiliated with FFG and this is not an official list.

This list is reserved for clarifications and timing conflicts that are not covered in the rules documents hosted by FFG.
FFG hosts their rules, tournament rules and (some day) official FAQs here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

This is intended as a consolidated list of FAQs.
If suggesting a new FAQ, please point to the thread where the confusion was discussed and indicate if there was a resolution to the question or if there is a debate ongoing.

Questions we believe we've resolved

Question: What happens to the advancement counters on a non-Agenda (i.e. Hadrian's Wall, Aggressive Secretary or Ghost Branch) if that card is trashed?
Answer: All counters are returned to the pool when the card is trashed.

___

Question: If the Runner steals their seventh Agenda point from Jinteki with no cards in hand, who wins?
Answer: The Runner wins immediately and the Jinteki special effect does not flatline the Runner.
___

Question: In original Netrunner, Regions had to be rezzed (paid for and flipped face up) at the moment of install. Do Regions need to be rezzed on install in this version of the game.
Answer: No. In Android:Netrunner, Regions are treated like any other upgrade and do not need to be rezzed on install. There may be a maximum of one region installed per server (per the text on region cards) and having two or more in a server simultaneously (rezzed or unrezzed) would constitute maintaining an illegal game state.
Thread: Do Regions have to be rezzed upon installation?
___

Question: The rules on page 14 state:
Quote:
The only times the Corporation can
score an agenda is right before his turn begins, or after he
completes an action.

Do Agenda scored 'before the Corp's turn' allow for effects that require an Agenda be scored 'during the Corp's turn' (such as Aggressive Negotiations).

Answer: The timing diagram on page 32 shows step 1 as follows:
= Paid abilities can be triggered = Cards can be rezzed = Agendas can be scored =
Turn begins (“When your turn begins” conditionals meet their trigger conditions)

These events (Paid Abilities can be triggered, Cards can be rezzed, Agendas can be scored) are considered part of the Corporation's turn, even though they occur before the phrase "Turn begins". Agenda scored at this time allow effects such as Aggressive Negotiations to be used during the discretionary clicks of the Corporation's turn.
___

Question: What happens when the Runner draws the last card from their Stack?
Answer: The Runner no longer has the ability to draw cards from their Stack.
The Runner does not lose the game like the Corp would, but will not be able to bring new cards into their hand via a 'Draw' action.
The Runner does not reform their Stack by shuffling their Heap (as is sometimes done in other games).
Thread: Runner decks out: Just reshuffle?
___

Question: Is the Corp permitted to obfuscate the cards in HQ?
Answer: Yes. Cards which are not currently rezzed are not revealed to the Runner, even if previously revealed due to an Access (on R&D or HQ) or due to a card effect.
In order to keep hidden information hidden, the Corp is allowed to and encouraged to periodically shuffle the cards in HQ to prevent card tracking by the Runner.
The Corp is encouraged to shuffle the cards in HQ before any Access into HQ by the Runner to ensure that the Access is Random.
To protect the hidden information of the game and prevent the Runner from card tracking, the Corp is encouraged to shuffle the cards in HQ prior to installing a card.
To protect the hidden information of the game and prevent the Runner from card tracking, the Corp is encouraged to shuffle the cards in HQ prior to discarding/trashing cards from HQ. This does not mean that the discard/trashing is random, but that the Runner can not track which card has been Archived.
Thread: Runner decks out: Just reshuffle?
___

Question: When do cards which gain 'recurring credits' obtain them?
Answer: Cards with recurring credits host those credits when installed and they are available for use during that turn (within the restriction on the card of when those credits may be played).
At the beginning of each of the player's turns, any cards which have recurring credits on them refresh to the amount stated on the card.
Recurring credits do not accumulate, they always exactly equal the listed value on the card at the start of the player's turn.
A couple of questions on interaction and recurring credits
___

Question: If the Runner chooses to Jack Out after passing Chum and not breaking the subroutine, do they take 3 Net Damage?
Answer: No, because the Runner has not encountered another piece of ICE, the Runner does not take damage from Chum.
Quick question on Chum
___

Question: According to the TIMING STRUCTURE OF A RUN (page 33), the Corp may rez a card only when the runner is approaching an unrezzed piece of ice. Therefore the Corp may rez a Corporate Troubleshooter* if the runner is approaching an unrezzed ice but not a rezzed ice.
This seems inconsistent, especially since Corporate Troubleshooter interacts only with rezzed ICE.
*Corporate Troubleshooter : X [Credits], [Trash]: Choose a piece of rezzed ice protecting this server. That ice has +X strength until the end of the turn.
Answer:
Reported by Mateui:
We received a ruling from Lukas. Here's what he had to say:
Lukas wrote:
You should be able to rez cards approaching any piece of ice; I'm looking into this one in more detail and I would expect an official ruling whenever we release the first FAQ.

Corp's turn: rezzing cards after initial draw?
___

Question: Runner is on a Run in the first click of their Turn and encounters Neural Katana as the first ICE in the server. The Runner cannot break the single subroutine but has a Net Shield and pays 1 [Credit] to activate it.

How much damage does the Runner take?
A) 0 damage, the Net Shield prevents the "first net damage" source this Turn.
B) 2 damage, the Net Shield prevents the "first point of net damage" this Turn.
Thread: Net Shield

Answer: (B)... Per Lukas: the Net Shield prevents only a single point of damage.
(as reported by (Hrrrmmm) in this reply: Re: Net Shield)
(and confirmed by Mateui in this reply: Re: Net Shield)

___

ACCESSING MULTIPLE CARDS FROM R&D

Question: If the Runner accesses multiple cards in R&D (via Medium or Maker's Eye), how does that work?
Answer: R&D is accessed IN ORDER from top card to bottom card, for as many cards as needed. If you decided to access R&D, you would draw the top card and then access it, fully resolving it. If at that point you wanted to access an upgrade located in the root of R&D, you could do that, or draw the next top card from R&D, access it, and then resolve it.

Question: Can the Runner Access the 3rd card of R&D before the 1st or 2nd, effectively 'skipping' those accesses?
Answer: No

Thread: Runner accessing multiple cards: blindly?
___

FEMME FATALE and NBN ICE (WITH EMBEDDED SUBROUTINES)

Question: Femme Fatale is attached to Data Raven or Tollbooth. The Runner hits Data Raven/Tollbooth. Does the on-encounter effect of the ICE go off if the Runner pays to bypass the ICE with Femme Fatale, given that Femme Fatale requires the ICE to be encountered before it can take effect?

Answer: (from Lukas)
Both Femme Fatale and the ice have a conditional ability with the same trigger condition (the Runner encountering the ice). As such, the Runner will decide the order of resolution since it is his or her turn. If the Runner chooses to resolve Femme Fatale's ability first and pays to bypass, then the ice is bypassed and the second effect will not resolve.

A quick correction. The Runner does not actually have a choice in this situation about the order of resolution (since only one of the abilities is the Runner's).

Followup Question: So, to make sure I understand properly: Femme Fatale, if the credit cost is paid, does bypass the Data Raven or Tollbooth's on-encounter effect, because in cases of simultaneous effects during a Run, the Runner's cards have priority?

Answer: (From Lukas)
That is correct. This is covered under "Simultaneous Effects" on page 22 of the rulebook.

Reference Thread: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unresolved Questions

Question: According to the TIMING STRUCTURE OF TURNS, page 32, the Corp is not allowed to rez a card or to score an agenda after he draws and before the first action.
Is it intended or an oversight?
Isn't this different from classic Netrunner?
Answer: Unresolved
___

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Open Threads discussing possible FAQs

Chum Question

Aggressive Secretary with two counters + Sacrificial Device
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires wrote:
I'll delete these after you add them to your list as to make it cleaner.

How does trace work? (In depth explanation of steps needed)
Does a Hosted counter formatted in this way "Hosted: XYZ" mean you spend the hosted counter to perform XYZ?

I do not think this questions can be answered better then by citing rules. If you have specific question not covered by rules, then post it here.

add 1) rules page 20 /Trace Example
A Runner encounters Data Raven, and is unable to break the trace subroutine. The Runner’s identity card is Kate “Mac” McCaffrey (link of 1) and he has one copy of Access to Globalsec (link of 1) in his rig, for a base link strength of 2. The Data Raven has a base trace strength of 3, and the Corporation decides to spend 2$, increasing the Data Raven’s trace strength to 5. This means that the Runner would need to spend 3$ in order to make the trace unsuccessful. The Runner has 7$ in his pool and decides to spend 3$, matching the Corporation’s trace strength. Because the trace was unsuccessful, no power counter is
placed on Data Raven.

add 2] rules page 11 / Some card abilities have trigger costs that a player must pay before the effect of the ability can be resolved. These abilities are called paid abilities. A card’s trigger cost is always listed in its text box before the effect, following the format “cost: effect.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yit Ng
Malaysia
kuala lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think FAQ should be reserved for timing issues and card interactions, not rules questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vodnyk wrote:
I do not think this questions can be answered better then by citing rules. If you have specific question not covered by rules, then post it here.

I concur with this. A FAQ is a situation or clarification that is clearly NOT listed in the rules, or is an exception to the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I play Aggressive Negotiations as my first click of the turn if I scored an agenda right before my turn begins, or must I have scored an agenda after an action on my turn to play it?

I think that one's still up in the air. The scoring rules as written make it sound like I can't do so, as "before my turn" doesn't sound like "this turn". But the counter argument points to the "Timing Structure of Turns on page 32, where it shows the scoring icon during the Corporation's Draw Phase but before "Turn begins" conditionals trigger. Grah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Can I play Aggressive Negotiations as my first click of the turn if I scored an agenda right before my turn begins, or must I have scored an agenda after an action on my turn to play it?

I think that one's still up in the air. The scoring rules as written make it sound like I can't do so, as "before my turn" doesn't sound like "this turn". But the counter argument points to the "Timing Structure of Turns on page 32, where it shows the scoring icon during the Corporation's Draw Phase but before "Turn begins" conditionals trigger. Grah.

Witness the reason I reserved the first few reply spots...

I agree, this is still up in the air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Azeltir wrote:

You can use it that turn if you score it 'right before your turn begins'. The diagram is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yitjuan wrote:
I think FAQ should be reserved for timing issues and card interactions, not rules questions.

Rule omissions need to go here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Brain damage rules from manual:
"Brain damage: The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip for each point of brain damage done to him, and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this."
are unclear how many brain damage tokens Runner takes when taking brain damage.
"Take 2 brain damage" could be interpreted as " The Runner randomly trashes TWO cards from his grip for each point of brain damage done to him, AND his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by ONE card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this."

Maybe
"Brain damage: The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip, and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card for each point of brain damage done to him. The Runner takes a brain damage TOKENS to track this." is better wording?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:

Brain damage rules from manual:
"Brain damage: The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip for each point of brain damage done to him, and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this."
are unclear how many brain damage tokens Runner takes when taking brain damage.

Suggestion:
"Brain damage: The Runner randomly trashes one card from his grip and his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by one card for each point of brain damage done to him. The Runner takes brain damage token(s) to track this."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When Runner loses when he has 6 or more brain damage counters? In "Classic" you could have hand-size 0, but having negative hand-size caused you to lose on end of turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
When Runner loses when he has 6 or more brain damage counters? In "Classic" you could have hand-size 0, but having negative hand-size caused you to lose on end of turn.

I believe it's the same in A:NR as in Classic, with the exception that your turn (and the game) ends immediately upon having a negative hand size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope the fact that the game only comes with 6 brain damage tokens isn't going to keep FFG from giving the runner cards to increase his hand size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
"Take 2 brain damage" could be interpreted as " The Runner randomly trashes TWO cards from his grip for each point of brain damage done to him, AND his maximum hand size is permanently reduced by ONE card. The Runner takes a brain damage token to track this."

I do not believe that is a FAQ, as it is answered clearly in the rules.

As no-one has argued that if you suffer 2 Net Damage that you only discard one CARD, I do not believe it can be argued that if a Runner suffers 2 BRAIN damage that he does not take two TOKENS.

For the Runner to discard 2 cards and reduce his hand size by one, he would have to have taken one brain damage and one net damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: for future suggestions to this list, please point to the THREAD which already discusses the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
rafal100 wrote:

It still works the same way.

"If the Runner takes more damage than the number of cards in
his grip, or if he has a maximum hand size of less than zero at
the end of his turn, then he is flatlined and the Corporation
wins the game."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two new entries re:

Runner decking out

Corp's ability to obfuscate cards in HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recurring credit question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the TIMING STRUCTURE OF TURNS, page 32, the Corp is not allowed to rez a card or to score an agenda after he draws and before the first action.
Is it intentional or an oversight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
According to the TIMING STRUCTURE OF TURNS, page 32, the Corp is not allowed to rez a card or to score an agenda after he draws and before the first action.
Is it intended or an oversight?

Nice catch (I am so laminating that timing diagram!)

Putting it in the unresolved section -- can you start a thread asking this and find the common opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Can you start a thread asking this and find the common opinion?

Mission accomplished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.