11 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: This game is very easy to beat on hard. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
With the right strategy, teamwork and Planning moves ahead if you are lucky to remove a cube from a city before the next card on the infection pile is the city that you just cure. So I was playing a solo game of two players on hard. During this game session, there was only one red cube during the initial set up. I cleared red in the beginning . The colors that were most on the board was yellow and blue. During the game I went for the black because it was only a few while yellow and blue were spreading. During the match I had 6 outbrakes and the ifection rate moved to 4. My strategy was don't worry about the other colors. If both characters work together and collect the cards needed I would have win the game that way and I did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
During this game session, there was only one red cube during the initial set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B'Cup x
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
just to make sure; you do realise that you need to have found the cure for Red to be able to prohibit it coming back after you have taken it from the board? x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
So you cleared the board of coloured cubes, and won.

Yet didn't find a cure for any of those, by trading in 5 cards of each colour at a Research Station?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Adam Baxter wrote:
just to make sure; you do realise that you need to have found the cure for Red to be able to prohibit it coming back after you have taken it from the board? x

wowshake Ahhhhhhh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup I'd have another good read through of the rules.

This said, I promise you with this game you are on to a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
United Kingdom
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you have misread the rules, as you are not in a position to cure a disease on the first turn as you won’t have enough cards to cash in for the cure, let alone put the disease into sunset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
silent bob
msg tools
BigAndiD wrote:
Sounds like you have misread the rules, as you are not in a position to cure a disease on the first turn as you won’t have enough cards to cash in for the cure, let alone put the disease into sunset.

Actually I played my very first game of Pandemic the other day (Two Players), as the first player was the Researcher she was able to give me two of her Blue cards to add to my three Blue cards while still in Atlanta for her first two moves. Then on my first turn as I was still in Atlanta at the research station my first action was to Cure the Blue virus. That was just my experience.

If you are talking about the first persons very first turn then (playing 2 player again) if you are the Scientist and you get 4 cards of the same color you could for your very first move in Atlanta cure that color virus. However putting the disease into Eradicated (Sunset) would potentially require at least 6 more actions (Or if you were the Medic 3 more actions with an already cured virus). At least that is how I interpret the rules...

As a note we did end up winning, but was only playing with 4 Epidemic Cards. I've have since read that it is much easier to win with less players anyway... I will have to toughen it up for our next attempt.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djsilentbob wrote:
[q="BigAndiD"]as the first player was the Researcher she was able to give me two of her Blue cards to add to my three Blue cards while still in Atlanta

You know the researcher can only use her ability once on a turn, right? Or was Atlanta one of the cards given?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dillosaur wrote:
djsilentbob wrote:
[q="BigAndiD"]as the first player was the Researcher she was able to give me two of her Blue cards to add to my three Blue cards while still in Atlanta

You know the researcher can only use her ability once on a turn, right? Or was Atlanta one of the cards given?

Err, sorry man, but there's no such limitation in the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.