ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Kenneth Deal WW 2 Belgium 1944/45
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the numbers and small symbols mean on the Hero cards? I received this game yesterday and was up until the wee hours trying to puzzle it all out and get a game going. These files on BBG help ALOT!!
I problem is I get impatient to get to the next turn and miss stuff. I have to make myself slow down and bask in the minutia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Roger! I hope you're enjoying the game.
Don't worry about rushing - that happens with a lot of the States of Siege games. You'll get the right rythym down eventually.
As far as the numbers on the Hero cards, I believe you are referring to the Fighting Values of the Heroes. The numbers are the full-strength and the reduced-strength FV's for each Hero (for reference purposes). The symbols do not have a game effect - yet - they are a mysterious hint to the future story of the series.
Have fun!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Kenneth Deal WW 2 Belgium 1944/45
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Hermann for the quick reply! I think I am going to enjoy this game. Unlike some other solitaire games, DAWN OF THE ZEDS seems to offer some replayability. I am also looking forward to more info on the "future story" you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

DotZ invites to modify and add things.
For example, why staying with only 8 heroes?
Why not allowing the heroes to grow with the challenge (if they survive long enough ...)?

Here is one such character.
Audrey can improve her level up to number 8. That would ensure the undead a "hell of a time".
The numbered squares help to keep track of the girl's brave actions resulting in level rising.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.