Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The incredible images of all the customized chariots and boards is outstanding and very impressive, kudos to all for the effort and posting! I am considering picking this game up and wondering how is the game using just the original compononts. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the black chariot counters get worn out..!

just Masala over n over n over again...

great fun game,had to buy a second copy as first really really wore the counters out...

seriously tho, great game,good feel of the circus maximus racing.
works straight out of the box.
quite bit die rolling on charts to begin with but flows smoothly enough when playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael

That's right Marsala that devil with the black horses! I think I'm gonna go for it and start shopping around. How can you go wrong with the Roman Empire, guys getting trampled by horses,Chuck Heston,Steven Boyd and Avalon Hill.
Thanks for your input

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Trostle
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm one of those who built one of those ridiculously large custom hippodrome you're referencing, and have to say we get just the AH boardgame out on occasion.

I remember one convention when we were just too tired to set up the whole thing for a pickup game, and happily used the original components. We still had just as much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really in awe of size,scale and scope of your's and the other setups. I would like to see in person if you still break it out at the conventions. I ended up purchasing a NM copy on eBay. Just inspired to play it after checking out your pictures! Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am making small cubes from a 3/8" square dowel to use as the chariots and horses. The small cardboard chits can be a bit difficult to pick up sometimes if the area is crowded. The small cubes should be much easier to pick up. I am using oil based pastel crayons to color the cubes, but you could probably use colored Sharpies too.

Some of the cubes I have pirated from an old version of Risk that thmatch the colors of the original pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With an engaged crowd and a small amount of scotch, this game can be one of your best gaming experiences. Not for the thin-skinned.

You probably don't even need the scotch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.