Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hello everyone,
like we all know every scenario of mansion of madness begins with a little story. I'm having the problem that I'd like to read it outloud during my games, to get in the investigators in the mood (I'd let them read it themselves, but I doubt they're going to do a good job). The problem I have with reading it outloud is that my english isn't good enough to set the atmosphere. I know a lot of you people enjoy pimping games. So I thought it might be cool for a native english speaker to make 5 audiofiles of the stories, people can use before their games to set the mood.
well, just throwing an idea out there. I can't do it myself for obvious reasons..unless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old spirit
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is a great idea. My english is very good (my only language) but when I read aloud my voice becomes monotone and I'm unable to vary my voice timely. A decent voice and some simple sound effects would go a long way. I currently use a scary sounds cd I purchased during Halloween. I play it as background music while gaming; it definetly helps. If I had the resources then I'd attempt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I like the idea.

Make sure, though, that if the one recording the files and "distributing" them or sharing them does so with the acceptance by FFG. Basically this is like "copying" by transfering the written text into an audio-format. I have know clue if this would be considered "fair use" if you create these files and share them for free; might be, may not be...

All the best!
Mad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well I can't see why they would mind considering the only people who could use those files are people who bought the game. It only makes the game more attractive for people who haven't bought it. (maybe they would mind if they planned to release this kind of cd themselves some day.., which would be great).
I also can't see the difference with people making custom reference sheets and other stuff, with the exact words or pictures.
If FFG would mind, then I would change this thread into a plee to release such a cd, or downloadable through itunes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If we can find a way of doing this legally I would totally help with some recordings.

Hell, even if we can't get this for the actual FFG scenarios, I would at least do it for my custom ones. But I've been told by my fellow players that I have a really good voice for The Story so Far for House of Fears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great idea. This would be good for native speakers too. I am no Morgan Freeman, but I would be glad to loan my voice for this, of FFG doesn't have an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
. I am no Morgan Freeman,

a james earl jones' voice wil suffice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NykmXl24qcc&feature=related
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I'll do it. Nothing scarier than an aussie accent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
I'll do it. Nothing scarier than an aussie accent.

Now THAT's funny, Mr Skeletor!

Reminds me of the line from Seinfeld "Maybe the Dingo ate your bay-bee!" surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea! I wonder if Eric Summerer would do it? He's does audiobooks for a living. I'm sure he has the equipment.

Ohh, a cool scary read with appropriate music in the background!! zombie devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hatton
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Leman from the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society would be the best. Ever heard his readings on the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast? Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.