Thoon Hulk
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
My wife and I are moving to Charlotte at the end of August, and sadly I'll be leaving an awesome game group behind. I'd like to find a local board gaming group in the Charlotte area. Anyone know of FLGS's that have open gaming nights, or people I can get in touch with?

We'll be living on the north side of the city just off the interstate, so I figure anything in the metro area will be doable. I'm mostly a eurogame fan. Do play RPGs, but only with the right group. Also play fun Ameritrash, and card games.

Thanks for any leads!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Ross
United States
Charlotte
NC
flag msg tools
badge
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several groups active in the area which are trackable using the Meetup website. I would include Ft Mill and Rock Hill SC in your search which also have some significant activity in the board and war gaming.

We are lucky in that there's 2 good FLGS and 1 great one. Above Board Games in Tega Cay SC - about 15 miles SW of downtown and Games HQ (about 4 miles south of downtown) are very good with play space. Parker, Banner, Kent and Wayne in Cornelius (24 miles north of town) is outstanding, with huge stock in games, comics and rpg and a very large location for play space. The Dice Tower featured PBKW in a podcast earlier this year.

There's also some guilds here on BGG attached to local gaming. I'd search for Queen City Gamers on here and on Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.