Hide
5 Posts

RAF» Forums » General

Subject: Need a map for 1986 version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rafjr_rsp [+] [View All]
John Midd
msg tools
I won a copy on eBay and didn't realise until after I got it that it did not come with a map. It was listed properly, but I didn't read the description completely through before placing the bid.

Does anyone have a map or scans of the map from this version. I'd prefer the real thing, but can live and play with a printed version if that's all that there is available.

Thanks,

- JM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
You could just install the VASSAL program and the RAF module and play right on your computer.

If you do want a printed version of the map, the version included in the RAF VASSAL module, a 3420 x 2400 bitmap, might work. To try it, follow these steps:

* Download RAF.vmod
http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/6/63/RAF.vmod

* Rename the file to RAF.zip

* Open or unzip the zip archive to find Map.gif (in the images folder)

* Print out Map.gif at the size you desire.

Map.gif is set at 72 dpi, which would be way too big when printed. You'll need to change the resolution to 100 dpi (without resampling the file), or print the file at a size reduction of 72%, to get a printed map that's about the same size as the original (34" wide).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Midd
msg tools
Okay, I'll give it a try and see if it will work well enough to do the job. I've already got it (Vassal) installed on the old computer I'm moving off of and this will give me a reason to go ahead and install it on the new machine.

Thanks,

- JM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Santamaría Iraolagoitia
Spain
Usánsolo-Galdakao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Here you have:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0i3qu4w5bpdadnq

Regards,
Felipe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Midd
msg tools
Got it.

Thanks.

-JM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.