Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hum...hard to say for sure...all three of these are very different games.

I like Tinner's Trail a great deal...but it comes of more like Brass lite than anything else.

Tinner's Trail has random elements - markets fluctuate and resources show up with varying degrees of water...which makes mining the ore more difficult. There is a great deal of player interaction and what you do can be...limited by the decisions other players make - and vice versa.

I'd give it a try, but...it tends towards the Heavy Euro end of the pool and I'm admittedly tainted because....frankly that's where I like to swim.

So I'm not sure how much this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on that info, I think you would like it.

I don't think you'll find it boring because it moves very quickly, especially for a Wallace.

The same way you find Liberte tense with a touch of chaos, is a similar feeling I think you'll get with TT. Like Jack mentioned above, the dice create interesting twists and therefore, tension.

It's less of an area-control game, and more of an efficient-planning, land-grabbing, economic-timing, race for VPs.

I personally love it. I'd buy it immediately if I wasn't holding out for an opportunity to buy the Warfrog/Treefrog edition.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

BTW, I've got Liberte on my next-to-play list; probably tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was holding out for the Treefrog edition of Tinner's Trail as well, but I finally decided I'd rather play it now then wait, so I suckered for the JKLM version. It plays the same, and the art doesn't actually matter that much to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ytter wrote:
I was holding out for the Treefrog edition of Tinner's Trail as well, but I finally decided I'd rather play it now then wait, so I suckered for the JKLM version. It plays the same, and the art doesn't actually matter that much to me.

Good to hear, Dan. I may end up doing the same very soon. If I remember correctly, you gave me a solid beating when we played TT a while back. But we both beat Mr. Boardgameguy himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.