mark walston
United States
foley
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not to sure what is the range on these counters. an Artilery unit might have a 8.2 6 across the bottom.is the 2 the range? what of bombardmnt, attack and defense values for th unit.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming your example is an unlimbered unit 8-2 6 means "8" offensive support/Bombardment "2" defensive support and "6" is range. Keep in mind that an arty unit can bombard OR provide offensive support, not both in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark walston
United States
foley
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks jim, that does make sense to me. The rules aren't very clear to me. The front of the counter is unlimbered and the back limbered if i recall so the counter might read 0 3 4 (attack defense and movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, they're not clearly written. I had to play the game a few times to figure it out. Sadly, poorly written rules are pretty much standard for Avalanche Games IMHO. Having said that, I still enjoy this game, and "Avalanche" which uses the same game system. Less enthused about "Husky": there are counters that have absolutely zero purpose and more importantly the supply rules are written such that the Allies can put enough supply on the beach in first few turns to not worry about supply for the entire game AT ALL. Sorry for the digression.
Anyway, your "limbered" counter example is exactly correct: 0-2-4 is attack/defense/movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.