United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
Good evening all!

Hey, this is Rob (webmaster over T the Dive Tower) and was wondering if there is anyone out there that would like to sell any of their extra D-Day Kickstarter items please?

There's really no excuse. We just recently had our 7th child (www.searing.me) and so time and forgetfulness played into my forgetting all about this. I bought the retail version. I don't have a gaming group and game primarily to bond with my children and, when I'm lucky, my wife. My son really likes this one, as do I, and really wish I hadnt forgotten. I'd love to tote the game and all it's expansions in that bag as I take my younger ones to Tae Kwan Do!

I did look at EBay and there's no way I can afford what people are asking there.

So, at the end of the day, zi completely realize this was my own boneheaded mistake, just hoping I might find someone that either doesn't like the game as much as they thought, or someone that doesnt need all the bells n whistles.

Please message me if you can help. Its now one of our favorites.

Sincerely
Robert Searing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Sean said, all of the relevant gameplay stuff will eventually come out. The dice and bag, while nice to have, aren't exactly a dealbreaker in not having them if you like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize, having read through the posts, that the stuff will eventually be available. As I mentioned above, my family are really enjoying the game and I was just simply trying to politley find anyone that might want to sell their extra stuff to avoid having to wait (possibly up to a year). I also thought it would be really nice to have the bag to cart stuff around, as I'm already getting some addional Plano boxes for some of the pieces (ie to separate the cards etc).

Although I appreciate the two prior posts, I was already aware that some of the content would eventually be available on Valley's websit (as well as in the BGG store). The purpose of my original post was to just see if someone was willing to sell some of their stuff to someone that really can't afford the EBay prices and would like the stuff prior to whenever they may be available so as to start playing with my son now..and was hoping to take to a weekend retreat we're having.

I apologize if I'm in the least part coming across in any negative way, it's certainly not my intent, I'm just really kicking myself for making the mistake.

Thanks much,
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, I'm sure no one took it negatively. I did the same thing, totally forgot about it and never clicked Remind Me, but fortunately, I was able to buy someone's extra copy. I have the 2 extra packs. If you want to buy them, geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob,

We each got doubles of the kickstarter exclusive D-Day Dice: K-Pack and D-Day Dice: Distinguished Service Pack - they're not necessary to play, but add a few extra tools and awards for the game.

I don't need the extra and would be happy to gift them to you. PM me if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE*****UPDATE****UPDATE

WOW, the boardgaming community rocks! I've been new to game collecting (primarily got into it as a means to connect with my children, but due to the size and pay I make, need to really watch what I get) and am just SO appreciative of the people that are willing to help.

Here's what I've been able to procure thus far:
. Kpack
. Distinguished Service pack (Someone was willing to send these free- I really want to pay shipping at the very least)
. Dice bags / Canvas bag (someone willing to sell - awaiting the quote - hoping these aren't too much as I tend to go overboard with my games and storage - purchasing plano boxes, sleeving the cards, etc - as I really want to be able to play these games with my kids when they're grown and, perhaps, visit us senile old people from time to time.

What I would really be intersted in buying is any of the dice and maps that were included - if someone, perhaps, picked up two copies and are willing to part if anything else at a fair price.

Again - I'm sorry to devote a thread just to helping one person out - just wasn't sure where to go for help and was just so depressed at the Ebay prices people were asking - but I have to understand that it is a free market society.

Thanks for all those that reached out - please keep me in mind for the extras.

Sincerely,
Rob

ps I'd even be willing to donate some of my time/help in any possible web designing work in exchange for the stuff. My site, I created, is www.searing.me (not much on front end as it was designed to sort of be a facebook for friends and family).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the canvas bag and dice bags in the mail today from someone that was willing to sell an extra one at a reasonable price. I could NOT be more appreciative.

You see, what I did was sleeve the mini cards and then bought a plastic "top loading" baseball card holder. The mini cards just stand up perfectly in the case - the only problem being that when I put it in the box the lid couldn't shut all the way because of all the maps and rule book.

Well - with the bag, I was able to loosely store the maps in there allowing the box to close completely - storing all the rest. I LOVE IT!

I wound up having someone send me (haven't received yet) 3 different card sets (K-Pack, etc).

IS ANYONE willing to sell anything else they have? For example, the special die? WOULD LOVE to have the special die and the extra maps?

Again - thank you to those, in the BGG community, that mailed me and went out of their way to help. Not sure why I'm so passionate about this game - but, what can I say - its great - been playing it nearly every night.

Sincerely,
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.