Hide
4 Posts

Titan» Forums » News

Subject: Titan at WBC schedule change for 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
We talked about moving the multiplayer tournament a bit for next year's WBC. The tentative plan was to start Tuesday after the auction (demos can occur after an event start). Preliminary play would only be through Thursday night. The semis would be Friday morning and the Finals Saturday morning.

This does several things. It offers Titan as an activity Tuesday evening when there is less competition. This may increase drop in players. It avoids having the semifinals and finals on the same day which means we don't need to worry (well just a little) about one of the semifinal matches running long and we don't have people playing for around 15 hours straight. Some very "interesting" plays happen after people having been playing Titan for twelve plus hours with only a short break. Having the semis and finals in the morning also reduces conflicts with other event semis and finals.

Pretty much everyone (which wasn't that many) I asked at this year's event at least slightly in favor of this change.

An optional part of the plan is to have play on Monday. However, I won't be on site until Monday night, so this is contingent on getting some volunteers. (The number discussed was three, so that we can handle one emergency drop out and not overtax the remaining volunteers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ravena
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't make it this year. But I plan on being there next year, and it sounds good to me. I would be into a game or two on Tuesday.

Thanks Bruno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fel Barros
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
No reports for this year WBC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
FakeDutch wrote:
No reports for this year WBC?

I got sick after getting home.

Dan Strock won the multiplayer event. Michael Pustilnik won the two player event.

There were facilities problems that interfered with play. The AC system got hit by lightning early in the week and was never really right the whole week. It was especially bad for the semi-finals. For the finals we moved to a different room that had some space.

Participation for Titan was a bit lower than last year.

Aki gave out counter sheets (the old style ones) to at least everyone in the multiplayer final. I don't know if the two player finalists got them or not.

There was some silliness in the final battle of the multiplayer due (presumably) to it having been a long day. But result was still what was expected.

One player had all 10 colossus in a semi final game, but didn't win. (None of them were in his titan legion.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.