Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The product you get by the exchange of a different product in the black market, go to... where?

1) Generally to the lot?
2) Generally into the warehouse?
3) Depending on where the merchandise, you gave away, came from?

What about giving away a good for a product? Since goods are never stored in the warehouse, the product you get, is stored in the lot? Or in the warehouse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything you get goes to lot, so my opinion is 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
Everything you get goes to lot, so my opinion is 1.

That's reasonable, though I was going to say #3, even for products received for goods. I haven't played this game much, but I would guess this question rarely comes up because you most often are activating your Warehouse at the same time as the Black Market so you can immediately store the products anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the rules are not clear about this topic...

One more note: after several games played, I think that the store is activated relatively rarely in the game, except the start of the game, when you can put in 4-6 products with one action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my opinion, that it isn't relevant in a game, how often a game situation can arise or how much sense it would make, to do a certain move, as long as it is basically allowed by the rules.

As long as a game situation can theoretically arise and as long as a certain move can theoretically be accomplished, it must be governed by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the rules should be clear about this. My opinion is, that if the rules says nothing about this, then the basic rules apply, so you have to put all you got to your loft.

Hermjard wrote:
It's my opinion, that it isn't relevant in a game, how often a game situation can arise or how much sense it would make, to do a certain move, as long as it is basically allowed by the rules.

As long as a game situation can theoretically arise and as long as a certain move can theoretically be accomplished, it must be governed by the rules.

edit: remove misunderstand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:

Oh believe me, I'm all about rules clarity—I've searched for a "hates unclear rules" microbadge before—so I wasn't trying to make excuses. I'm just surprised no has asked this before now! Because it isn't clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, lately I have asked some simple questions about the rules of several games. Dust, Arkham Horror, Cuba etc. No strange card combos or unprobable concurrences of complex game mechanisms, which might arise after dozends of plays with smart rules lawyers. Just simple questions in one or two sentences, which became obvious after the first play or even after reading the rules without playing. Questions which could be answered with yes or no, or with another couple of simple sentences.

But the answer was always: "Not governed by the rules". Sometimes the try to deduct a decision from a another rule, but nothing definitive.

I wonder more and more, how extensively and if at all, game authors test their own games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vegter
Netherlands
Almere
Netherlands
flag msg tools
It doesn't really matter, and the choice only needs to be made for products, not goods. Goods will always be stored on the lot. The black market building needs to be activated before use by the foreman, in order to exchange products or goods. With the same foreman during the same player action, you optionally can store products in the warehouse by activating it. This option is used when you want to store products which you want to keep after a round is finished. The rules do not stipulate where the products are stored explicitly. However, it can be deducted by combining one or more baserules together.
So, it rather depents what you want to do afterwards with the exchanged products, and if you're able to activate the warehouse with your foreman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.