Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ Swanson
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If i have a spell or item in play infront of me that has an energy value, can i sacrifice it to powerup a different spell or movement? Im inclined to think the item is in my possession so i could but perhaps the spell has already been used thru casting but still curious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Energy is determined when the spell is cast.

Take a look at p. 11 of the rules:

"Normally, a spell's energy is '1'. However, when a palyer casts a spell, he may also discard one energy card to fuel the spell, which replaces the spell's energy." (Emphasis mine.)

So, you can't sac a cast Acid Bath with counters down in front of you to fuel Extra Arms, for example. You would need a pure Energy card or another spell in your hand with an energy value that you could play for that.

So, you can only boost a spell when it is being cast.

Ending a permanent will allow you, perhaps, to draw another card. You can't, however, use it to power a spell you are presently casting.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Swanson
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The first half of the post isnt really what im asking. The last portion is what im wondering but can i discard a carried item to use as energy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Each card is EITHER a spell/item OR a pool of energy. Once you play it the choice is made - it's an item and you can't change your mind later on.

Think of playing the card as magically creating a stone (or rock, or potion or whatever) - you're now carrying around a physical thing in your hand so you can't turn it into energy, just use it or drop it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD GMD
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
It is as Jowolf say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.