Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
If the zombies play Bitten on a Hero, who has no wounds, and that hero would take a single wound and thus becomes a Zombie Hero, would that count towards the 4 killed heroes for zombie victory? The hero never actually died and just transformed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCloskey
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it counts. Any Hero Death counts towards the Zombie victory conditions, even if the Heroes inflict it upon themselves. I'm sure someone around here can find you the exact link to the FAQ, but right now I'm unable to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
But he didn't die. Dead is when the wound boxes get filled with wounds and that never happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I couldn't find a definitive answer, but I think all zombies are dead, by definition. So, if a hero is turned into a Zombie Hero, then he is dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Myers
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick answer - I believe it's in the faq somewhere, but it was confirmed that turning a hero into a zombie hero counts as killing the hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is one of those few games where the most thematic answer is usually the right one. Yup, a zombie hero is dead, for game purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ghostbusters
United States
Horsham
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I agree with what the rest are saying here. Yes, this still counts as a death towards the zombie win condition. If I remember correctly, this card, when played on a hero, turns them into a Zombie Hero if they get wounded again, whether or not this wound would otherwise have killed them.

However, this is still considered killing the hero. If it helps, think of it like the next wound automatically kills the hero. You can also think of it thematically. You can't become a zombie without dying, at least in most zombie movies. (Unless they go the "infected" route rather than the "living dead" route and the "zombies" aren't necessarily dead. Personally, I've always been a bigger fan of the living dead.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
If the zombies play Bitten on a Hero, who has no wounds, and that hero would take a single wound and thus becomes a Zombie Hero, would that count towards the 4 killed heroes for zombie victory? The hero never actually died and just transformed.

Nobody really cited this rule so allow me:

Page 17 core rulebook

"They kill Four (4) Heroes (This includes turning Heroes into Zombies in the Advanced Game)"

So I say, 'yes' it counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, make it stop.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13356191#13356191
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ghostbusters
United States
Horsham
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Often times, a good way to answer these questions is to think of them thematically. Thematically, if you became a zombie, it is because you died. Zombies, by their very definition, are the living dead. So, they have to have been dead in the first place.

Zombie Heroes DO count as having been killed. As others have said, I believe that is even mentioned either in the rules or FAQ somewhere. But, thinking of it thematically also helps to clear that up for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.