Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clay skaggs
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After going through the BGG forum and the rules over and over, I am clueless as to how I handle the listed situation:

Nick comes around the corner 2 spaces from Becky. Becky passes on 1d6. Both Nick and Becky roll 1D6 and add their Rep. They tie, so the table says they fire simultaneously.
Nick is armed with a bat, so it says he will Duck Back.

1. How exactly does this work? The word "simultaneously" is what is throwing me off.
Does Becky roll to hit and then, regardless of the result, Nick will Duck Back? Nick getting shot and then running away doesn't seem very simultaneous to me though.

2.Once Nick has finished the Duck Back move, can he continue on with his movement and action for his impulse?

3. If Becky misses, I am assuming Nick's Duck Back ends the chain, so he won't take a Received Fire Reaction test.
Is this correct?
If this is correct can Nick continue on with his move?

2a/3a. In either case, I am assuming if Nick can continue on, Becky won't take another In Sight Reaction when Nick is comes out of the building he ducked into, for example, to charge Becky?

Thanks for your help
-Clay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CassiusClay wrote:
After going through the BGG forum and the rules over and over, I am clueless as to how I handle the listed situation:

Another great source of information is my OFFICIAL FAQ (it has the approval of Lock'N Load). OK, it does not cover this specific scenario, but it offers guidance. Basically, this is a "shoot first, shoot often" game.

Quote:
Nick comes around the corner 2 spaces from Becky. Becky passes on 1d6. Both Nick and Becky roll 1D6 and add their Rep. They tie, so the table says they fire simultaneously.
Nick is armed with a bat, so it says he will Duck Back.

1. How exactly does this work? The word "simultaneously" is what is throwing me off.
Does Becky roll to hit and then, regardless of the result, Nick will Duck Back? Nick getting shot and then running away doesn't seem very simultaneous to me though.

To make sure everyone understands the situation, Nick and Beck are enemy survivors. When Nick rounds the corner into Beck's Line of Sight, that triggers an In Sight Reaction Test for Beck.

Beck rolls 1D6. This result has three elements. First, "Both Nick and Becky roll 1D6 and add their Rep. They tie, so the table says they fire simultaneously." IF the both had guns they would both fire. Nick is armed with a baseball bat (even if he has a pistol in his backpack). He can't fire, but Beck can, and does. And, yes, you could have skipped the roll off and gone right to Beck shooting. The table says this is a Rushed Shot. Now, because he is not armed with a ranged weapon, Nick will Duck Back, even if Beck misses, even if he is hit. Finally, if Nick were hit, or because Nick Ducked Back, the shooting cycle is interrupted, and Nick does not take a Received Fire Reaction Test, because getting shot or Ducking Back are two things that interrupt a shooting cycle.

Quote:
2.Once Nick has finished the Duck Back move, can he continue on with his movement and action for his impulse?

No, his activation ends. Could this initiate another In Sight Reaction Test with a different survivor? Yes, and that could result in another Duck Back, etc..

Quote:
3. If Becky misses, I am assuming Nick's Duck Back ends the chain, so he won't take a Received Fire Reaction test.
Is this correct?
If this is correct can Nick continue on with his move?

As stated above, the Duck Back completes Nick's activation. Let's consider a different situation, this time Nick is armed with a gun, and both he and Beck Fire at each other (so Nick does not Duck Back). Unless or until they hit each other, or one Ducks Back later during the shooting, they will take Received Fire Tests. Since this is Nick's activation, he can continue to move and take actions (if applicable), even if hit. Only when his movement is interrupted by a Duck Back or a "may not fire remain in place" result on the Received Fire Reaction Test would his activation end.

Quote:
2a/3a. In either case, I am assuming if Nick can continue on, Becky won't take another In Sight Reaction when Nick is comes out of the building he ducked into, for example, to charge Becky?

Nick cannot continue on. Basically for the reason you say in the question, if he could this could cause multiple In Sight Reaction Tests for the same survivor. Duck Back is a survival move, Nick is looking for a place to change his underwear right now.

Quote:
Thanks for your help
-Clay

I hope this helps. Please ask away if you still have concerns.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay skaggs
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,
I wanted to make sure Nick wasn't being shorted any opportunity to bash Becky's head in after eating the full force of her shotgun blast.

I forgot to mention that I did look at the FAQ and thank you for that, too, as it has been helpful.

Thanks again for your help
-Clay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.