Through the Desert» Forums » General

Subject: iphone #? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Long
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i played Through the Desert iphone version. It have some different to board game. English rulesbook said that: "for the first round of leader placement only, no player may place a caravan leader riding a camel of the same color as a leader already placed by another player."
I did do that on Iphone!
and more, You CAN'T place in enclosing areas!
Do this influence how game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Long
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so.. which is right rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
black white wrote:
English rulesbook said that: "for the first round of leader placement only, no player may place a caravan leader riding a camel of the same color as a leader already placed by another player."
I did do that on Iphone!

Then the Iphone is wrong. But I don't think it's an enormous issue.

Quote:

and more, You CAN'T place in enclosing areas!

That varies among the rulebooks; the most recent says you can't place in your own enclosed areas, earlier ones allowed you to. It's more significant, as you can no longer use a surrounded enclosed area to try for the longest train or to run out the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Long
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i played IOS before boardgame of this game. In iphone version, you can see total points of opponents, enclosed area points are counted immediately, not when end game. After that, when i play boardgame i count such that way,too. I feel count enclosed area points immediately make it have something more interesting. If i play with rules that you can place camels in enclosed area, i simply take point counters of that player back again. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
black white wrote:
i played IOS before boardgame of this game. In iphone version, you can see total points of opponents, enclosed area points are counted immediately, not when end game. After that, when i play boardgame i count such that way,too.

I think it sounds like an easy and useful thing for a computer to do that'd be a hassle in real life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.