Subject: Territories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Kansas and Nevada polled if they are not states?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
I took it that Nevada and Kansas are only polled if they are states - not if they still territories (Nevada is part of the Pacific West region and Kansas is part of the Middle West region).

Looking at the electoral vote website that another BGGer linked to in a previous post here, I'd say that historically too, territories did not have a vote (although I'm not a US historian).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpingjohnflash wrote:
I took it that Nevada and Kansas are only polled if they are states - not if they still territories (Nevada is part of the Pacific West region and Kansas is part of the Middle West region).

Looking at the electoral vote website that another BGGer linked to in a previous post here, I'd say that historically too, territories did not have a vote (although I'm not a US historian).

Correct only states in 1860 had votes in the electoral college.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
jumpingjohnflash wrote:

Correct only states in 1860 had votes in the electoral college.

Wendell is correct. Nevada and Kansas are only polled if they become states.

-Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.