Subject: Play time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torbjörn Schönkvist
Sweden
Borås
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How long can you expect it to take to play a game of three or four players with all expantioner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect 45 to 60 minutes per player. 30 with experts meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torbjörn Schönkvist
Sweden
Borås
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder what causes it to drag on so?
The game pati I played with my wife have largely lasted over 4 hours.
I understand itne what it is that drags on. We have often blamed on bad luck with dice roll and the cards that drars up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play 3 players game, ranging from 90-150 minutes, mostly at less than 2 hours mark.

Several things make the game long. You should always try to draw cards (land on draw card space, more card you draw is usually better). Focus on either Strength or Craft. Don't PVP unless it's beneficial to you (no griefing).

But we mainly don't think too much. Roll a die and try to land on draw card space or something beneficial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torbjorn85 wrote:

What were your stats when you finally moved to the Inner Region? I'm thinking you boosted up for too long, were actually Inner Region ready earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torbjörn Schönkvist
Sweden
Borås
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
torbjorn85 wrote:

What were your stats when you finally moved to the Inner Region? I'm thinking you boosted up for too long, were actually Inner Region ready earlier.

It has been the case on some occasions.
Remember the time when my wife walked up with a little foundation on 20 of styrcka or something like that. But henens plan was to go directly to the Crown by the Dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
torbjorn85 wrote:

Remember the time when my wife walked up with a little foundation on 20 of styrcka or something like that.

If "styrcka" means "strength", then I'd say 20 is an overkill meeple
Depending on your luck & items, you can try to go up there with 10 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, figured it would be around that mark. Players seem to forget/overlook that Talisman is a race game, just one where the first to finish doesn't always win. My rule of thumb for the Inner Region, when playing with a non-fight ending, especially with the default Crown of Command: main stat (whichever path you go through on the Inner Region) 9+ and a Talisman -> Inner Region. If you take the Craft path, you need about Str 6 in battle.

If you are clearly in the lead and are out of Fate, might hold off until main stat is 11-12, but no more than that. Dungeon expansion really helps speed up the levelling aspect. High risk, but high reward. Once you have Str around 6-7 (meaning the Troll could potentially head to the Dungeon right away), because the Dungeon deck has more Enemies than non-Enemies (in comparison to the Adventure deck, or at least seems to), you're fighting more and thus making gains more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dwarf has the "auto-gnome-ability" and therefore could end the game very quickly since he only needs about 7 Craft to finish. Unfortunately, every time i play this character I have bad luck and gain Craft very slowly, so I finally gave up trying it this way. We usually go for the Crown with about 9 in the main ability, I agree with Dam here. Playing the second edition (without fate), you might need a bit more, but you should never wait until you have 12 or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torbjorn85 wrote:
Remember the time when my wife walked up with a little foundation on 20 of styrcka or something like that. But henens plan was to go directly to the Crown by the Dungeon.

What's with the random misspelled Swedish words?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henens should be hennes and is some kind of pronoun or...? Still have to figure out whats wrong about styrcka ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styrka(стирка) means laundry in Russianwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herodian Smith
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game length depends entirely on how aggressively your group pursues the end game. If all players just bide their time building strength, without trying to win until they're "ready," it can go on for many hours. It only takes one aggressive player to speed the game up, as everyone else must either try to race him, defeat him, or lose instead of fiddling around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSimon wrote:
Henens should be hennes and is some kind of pronoun or...? Still have to figure out whats wrong about styrcka ...

"Hennes" means "her" or "hers" and is used when refering to something the female owns.
"It's her car"="Det är hennes bil"
"The car is hers"="Bilen är hennes"

When talking about something the female does, you use "sin"/"sitt" for nouns in singular and "sina" for nouns in plural.

"She drives her car"="Hon kör sin bil"
"She plays her game"="Hon spelar sitt spel"
"She eats her vegetables"="Hon äter sina grönsaker"

The error in "styrcka" is
Spoiler (click to reveal)
that it's supposed to be "styrka". It does mean "strength", but can also mean "power" and "might", among others. It can also be used as a verb instead of a noun, and then it means "prove", "confirm" or "strengthen".

Now wait until another Swede comes along and find some fatal error I did in this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torbjorn85 wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:
torbjorn85 wrote:

Nice mix of english and swedish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.