6 Posts

Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » General

Subject: A message to Mr. Colby Dauch and PHG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do you know what you have done? Did you have any idea of what this creature would become when you gave birth to it? I was on the fence about this game for a while and decided to take the plunge and now look...I have everything bar the dice for the Filth! It is the most, if not, one of the most favourite games I have ever played of all time and like most people on here I have played a few in my 46 years. I have taught people to play and by the third game I have lost. Why? My outstanding teaching skills? My lack of playing ability?..maybe. What I believe, it is the simplicity of the gameplay lends itself to easy teaching and easy learning. I still find it hard to believe how much I think about this game and I am seriously in danger of becoming a Summoner War Bore. Massive thanks to you all for bringing this into our lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wind Lane wrote:
My God! I remember watching this film a long time ago. A cult classic, disturbing yet brilliant and with an excellent ending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's certainly a very interesting bit of film history - the way the director wanted it to end (with the lynching) was extremely bleak and a firm message well ahead of what was the norm of the day. It was the studio that added on that scene with the main character being comforted by the fireplace.

Very interesting film indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wind Lane wrote:
It's certainly a very interesting bit of film history - the way the director wanted it to end (with the lynching) was extremely bleak and a firm message well ahead of what was the norm of the day. It was the studio that added on that scene with the main character being comforted by the fireplace.

Very interesting film indeed.
I don't remember that. I remember that they came after her and mutilated her and she became a 'part of the show'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, that was the lynching. The studio had the director, who actually made the film as a kind of defense of the sideshow characters, add in a scene just after that where the midget who married her is crying about what happened and being comforted by the female midget who was protective of him through the film. They wanted the lead male to be guiltless about what had happened, so that scene also has some dialog to show he didn't know it was going to happen and didn't participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.