Subject: Monster on objective or search token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, sorry but I can't find it in the rules. Am I allowed to place a monster on an objective/search token? If yes, must the monster be defeated first before heroes can search or interact with objective token?

Thank you for any advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morgan
United Kingdom
Grays
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place a monster on a search token but it doesn't stop the heros searching. Objective tokens normally work the same way unless there is something quest specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cover the search token and ALL adjancent spaces then you can stop the heroes from searching until they kill something, unless the heroes have a thief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jwanthis
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group ran into this today on the Fat Goblin encounter. The rules are pretty clear that you can pick up objectives if you are adjacent to them.

That being said, we decided to house rule it and say that you could not pick up the bundles of crops if the opposing player was in the same space (goblin or hero). Thematically it just didn't seem right to be able to pick up a bundle of crops if they were being "guarded". We all imagined them to be quite large.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
janthis wrote:
Thematically it just didn't seem right to be able to pick up a bundle of crops if they were being "guarded".
What if the Goblin is looking the wrong direction? Hmmm? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Zervakis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Activate reanimate!
(thread necromancy)

The Monster's Hoard, 2nd encounter: Although monsters don't block line of sight for the glyphs of transport, if monsters are on them, can heroes transport to them - maybe in adjacent squares?
During setup, it's quite easy for the OL to have, let's say a dragon north, an ettin south standing on them, securing them, so that heroes cannot be transferred accordingly by using the middle glyph (for the three leftmost glyphs on the map).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brutalien wrote:
The Monster's Hoard, 2nd encounter: Although monsters don't block line of sight for the glyphs of transport, if monsters are on them, can heroes transport to them - maybe in adjacent squares?

No, I think the quest guide is clear in that movement between glyphs entails moving from the square of the starting glyph to the square of the destination glyph. If either glyph is occupied by an enemy figure, then you can't move to or through that square.

Likewise, if a glyph in the corner is blocked, then you can't use it as a stepping stone to get from a glyph on one side of the corner to a glyph on the other side of the corner.

Quote:
During setup, it's quite easy for the OL to have, let's say a dragon north, an ettin south standing on them, securing them, so that heroes cannot be transferred accordingly by using the middle glyph (for the three leftmost glyphs on the map).

Yes, the heroes will need to take control of the glyphs before they can start using them effectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris m
msg tools
So is it possible for me to use my dragon in the North room to use 1 movement point to teleport south, attack heroes, then teleport back with my 2nd movement point. You could even use the third point to get off the glyph and let the second dragon do the same thing. Legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.