Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think there will eventually be a second edition of this game ? It would be great if they took all of the feedback on the scenarios onboard and employed Roberta as lead designer

I guess the game has sold pretty well so it's not impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
No. Plus, it's way too soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roland mcdohl
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cody_au wrote:

at least an expansion to fix everything that went wrong with the base game?

a replacement cards and everything. Not just an errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zbyszek Łebkowski
Poland
flag msg tools
yontory wrote:
cody_au wrote:

at least an expansion to fix everything that went wrong with the base game?

a replacement cards and everything. Not just an errata.

The actual expansion Forbidden Alchemy, Has indeed all the replacement cards for the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roland mcdohl
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
axzze wrote:

The actual expansion Forbidden Alchemy, Has indeed all the replacement cards for the base game.

are you saying I can play any base game scenario with only 'corrected' cards from Forbidden Alchemy, leaving all base game cards in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zbyszek Łebkowski
Poland
flag msg tools
yontory wrote:
axzze wrote:

are you saying I can play any base game scenario with only 'corrected' cards from Forbidden Alchemy, leaving all base game cards in the box?

I am saying that some of the cards from the base MoM had bugs (like uncontrollable urges). These cards were revised and included in the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as a bonus, additionally to the FA expansion cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roland mcdohl
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
axzze wrote:

I am saying that some of the cards from the base MoM had bugs (like uncontrollable urges). These cards were revised and included in the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as a bonus, additionally to the FA expansion cards.

is there a list somewhere for the revision. would like to know what the changes are before considering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gonzalez
Netherlands
Amsterdam
CE
flag msg tools
Having played a lot of Descent 2.0, I rather wish FFG *would* apply the same lessons to MoM and streamline it. I love the promise of Mansions, but so far ever game has been about 30 minutes of set-up and an hour of playtime longer than it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
You really don't want me actually designing things; when I try that, you get junk like The Factory.

yontory wrote:
is there a list somewhere for the revision. would like to know what the changes are before considering.

The Forbidden Alchemy rulebook is online on FFG's site; the top of page 4 contains a list of the replaced cards (though not their text).

Most of the replacements are minor. The big ones are nerfs to Witchcraft and Uncontrollable Urges, which originally allowed very easy infinite threat combos and were generally terrible. Most of the others are silly typo fixes, like "Yeah, the spell that cures physical wounds is supposed to discard a physical trauma, not a mental trauma" or "Yeah, we accidentally reversed the Pass and Fail effects on that combat card, you're not supposed to be punished for passing".

Jongoloid wrote:
and an hour of playtime longer than it's worth.

I kind of agree with this depending on the scenario. I find that the longer scenarios (Green-Eyed Boy, Lost in Time and Space, The Factory) run the risk of overstaying their welcome and dragging late in the game. The shorter scenarios (Fall of House Lynch, Inner Sanctum, Blood Ties, Yellow Matter, Chromatic Crackpot) are my favorites and have much better pacing. (Of course, there are exceptions - the Silver Tablet is short.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
You really don't want me actually designing things; when I try that, I claim all my good ideas are fundamentally flawed when I try to fix them, despite being able to objectively analyze what other people created.

Fixed that for you.
(The factory wasn't bad, it just needed focus, better cluing that the "optional" thing isn't actually optional and some serious tweaking. It wasn't nearly as fundamentally flawed as Are You Afraid of the Dark was.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Iammars wrote:

Fixed that for you.
(The factory wasn't bad, it just needed focus, better cluing that the "optional" thing isn't actually optional and some serious tweaking. It wasn't nearly as fundamentally flawed as Are You Afraid of the Dark was.)

Are You Afraid Of The Dark was fine, just replace Darkness with a more interesting custom darkness-spawner that isn't SUTAW, add a couple of tweaks, and you're good. But no, you just scrapped the whole thing after one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roland mcdohl
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:

yontory wrote:

The Forbidden Alchemy rulebook is online on FFG's site; the top of page 4 contains a list of the replaced cards (though not their text).

Most of the replacements are minor. The big ones are nerfs to Witchcraft and Uncontrollable Urges, which originally allowed very easy infinite threat combos and were generally terrible. Most of the others are silly typo fixes, like "Yeah, the spell that cures physical wounds is supposed to discard a physical trauma, not a mental trauma" or "Yeah, we accidentally reversed the Pass and Fail effects on that combat card, you're not supposed to be punished for passing".

Seems like a decent fix. I was hoping for more though, especially the one thing that annoys me the most: mythos card mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
yontory wrote:
salty53 wrote:

yontory wrote:
is there a list somewhere for the revision. would like to know what the changes are before considering. :)

Seems like a decent fix. I was hoping for more though, especially the one thing that annoys me the most: mythos card mechanic.

While I am not necessarily bothered by the Mythos card mechanic, it was the building block that led me to the idea of an event deck replacing a Keeper. I do enjoy the game the way it is mean to be played, but an area of expansion I would like to see is random scenarios with an automated Keeper. I am currently play testing some basic principles behind the idea, and it is working so far. Gameplay is slightly different, but the outcome is the same. The investigators work to survive the house and achieve a set of objectives.

ss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.