Popular Tags: [View All]
David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I have a rule question, if I have a crossbox equipped that has an abilitiy that for a surge I can deal +1 dmg and move the target 1 space.

If I have a target 4 spaces away and I roll a surge and a range of 3, can I use the surge to move the target one space closer and then connect with my hit?

The rules seem a little ambigious in this case, are you only allowed to use surges that "increase range" while checking range?

Thanks,
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adny Riik
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not, that you only spends surges for range first. You check range first (in this case 4 is less than 3, so the attack is considered a miss, unless the crossbow has an ability to increase range). then you spend surges however you see fit and then the attack is resolved as a whole. But if it still has not enough range at this point, the attack is a miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Adny.

It may seem silly, but it may be worth taking a moment to sit down and make an example shot going precisely step by step through the attack rules and really reading and following them literally. The rules for how attacks work are actually pretty well defined, as long as you follow the procedure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.