Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing the first six adventures, we jumped to adventure #12, The Wrath of Ashardalon. The adventure has two chambers and the first one, the Unknown Overlord, has the following goal on the card, "Destroy the Villain!"

What happens when we destroy the villain? Obviously, we have accomplished our "goal," but then what? Do we just take continue exploring until we find the next chamber? Does the death of the villain affect the other monsters spawned in the chamber (do they simply drop dead)?

In other adventures, the chamber goals are generally the same as the adventure victory conditions - destroying the villain ends the adventure regardless of how many monsters are left on the board.

I'm thinking that having two chambers just adds an additional victory condition. In this case, destroy the villain from chamber one and Ashardalon from chamber two to win. But I'm not certain because the only specific victory condition listed in the adventure is "destroy Ashardalon." A strict reading would allow us to run away from the first chamber, seek out and destroy Ashardalon (I know, easier than it sounds) and end the game.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Petterson
United States
Gulfport
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my games group played this on Friday night and we generally go ahead and kill everything left in the chamber. Then we decide as a group to exit the dungeon to rest and refit if we have accomplished all the goals in the scenario. This gives us an opportunity to spend the treasure we acquired during the scenario and get fit to go back to Firestorm Peak.
K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marximus wrote:
What happens when we destroy the villain? Obviously, we have accomplished our "goal," but then what? Do we just take continue exploring until we find the next chamber? Does the death of the villain affect the other monsters spawned in the chamber (do they simply drop dead)?

No, the don't drop dead. You can choose to avoid them, but they will hunt you.

Marximus wrote:
I'm thinking that having two chambers just adds an additional victory condition. In this case, destroy the villain from chamber one and Ashardalon from chamber two to win. But I'm not certain because the only specific victory condition listed in the adventure is "destroy Ashardalon." A strict reading would allow us to run away from the first chamber, seek out and destroy Ashardalon (I know, easier than it sounds) and end the game.

Your main goal is to destroy the Dragon. The first villain is just an obstacle, a "bodyguard", if you like. Yes, you can run away from the chamber and search for Ashardalon, but it's not recommended with a villain and some monsters after you (although it would be very funlaugh).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.