Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I have many logs of games but they are in different files (vlog) and I would like to run them, when I finish a game, in just one vlog file of Vassal. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

It is interesting to see a whole game from the start into the end in just one file (vlog), in that way we can see better the progress of the game played, different strategies that could have been applied and the errors that I do.

And why not create in BGG a sort of database with logs of games so that we all fully understand more the rules and strategies applied, of course that the players involved in the games should agree to share the logs...

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
psicoserra wrote:
I have many logs of games but they are in different files (vlog) and I would like to run them, when I finish a game, in just one vlog file of Vassal. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

It will be time-consuming, but here's what you can do:

1. Open your module, and choose to "Load a saved game"
2. Load the very first of your logfiles
3. Before you begin playing back the log, start a new logfile (File -> Begin logfile)
4. Now you are recording, so start playing back the logfile you opened, using the toolbar button or the PageDown key
5. When you reach the end of the first log, choose File -> Load Continuation and load the next log in the sequence.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you are through all of your logs
7. When you're done, close out the recording you started in step 3 (File -> End logfile)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Its possible to do this but it could be a tedious process . You start a new log (your continuous game log). Than using the load continuation you run through all of your logs, creating one long log of the entire game. It would be a huge log for most games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't you get the same effect if you just used the Load - Continuation feature?

For sure the log files would not be all in one huge logfile, but the net effect would be the same, apart from having to load the next one at the end of a logfile (which isn't that much extra work).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mizuno
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once when I was working in a group home I saw this log that... oh, never mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
has a repository with lots of vassal logs. He uses Yahoo groups, so you'd need a Yahoo account to join in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
psicoserra wrote:
Hi

It is interesting to see a whole game from the start into the end in just one file (vlog), in that way we can see better the progress of the game played, different strategies that could have been applied and the errors that I do.

And why not create in BGG a sort of database with logs of games so that we all fully understand more the rules and strategies applied, of course that the players involved in the games should agree to share the logs...

Thanks in advance.

some of us take log files, and using camtasia record the click thrus (you can choose your pace, zoom in etc. You pause the recording open next log file and continue. When done you can can then export as a mp4. We can all see it as a movie then. Edited as much or as little as you like with or without comments.
It is then a permanent record that you can review versus having to click thru and load, unload, save etc.
No need to buy any software it is all free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
has a repository with lots of vassal logs. He uses Yahoo groups, so you'd need a Yahoo account to join in.

Thanks César.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
psicoserra wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance.

some of us take log files, and using camtasia record the click thrus (you can choose your pace, zoom in etc. You pause the recording open next log file and continue. When done you can can then export as a mp4. We can all see it as a movie then. Edited as much or as little as you like with or without comments.
It is then a permanent record that you can review versus having to click thru and load, unload, save etc.

Thanks Kev

I will try that program.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
psicoserra wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance.

Kev

It´s free for 30 days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
there is a free version somewhere.
Other wise there are other screen recording apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
there is a free version somewhere.
Other wise there are other screen recording apps.

Thanks for the quick reply Kev.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.