Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 4 player game, do you revert to the original limitations for number of troops in the War Zone and Command Zone 6 WZ and 3 CZ troops or do you use the numbers from the Alliance rules with 8 WZ and 4 CZ troops? I wasn't sure, but I'm guessing it does go back to the standard 6/3 limit, as 3 combined factions for 4-player minus 20 cards is only 70 cards to split between 2 teammates (35 each), whereas for Alliance there are 2 factions minus 10 cards for 50 cards for each player and making more sense for more playable troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it uses the Standard troop limits of 6 War Zone and 3 Command Zone. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply John.

It might be just a matter of reading the PDF version and not being able to flip back and forth through the pages of the physical rulebook. I believe it followed the Alliance section where you combine factions, so that might have threw me, and I don't recall if it said something to the effect of "for 4-player game, use Standard 2-player rules with these exceptions..." But after seeing the different number of cards as broken down and after removing necessary number of cards, it makes sense to have more cards in the 2 zones allowed with the alliance game, whereas there are like only 5 extra cards each for the 4-player game and not warranting more allowed in the zones.

Can't wait to get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.