Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm an RPGer making a switch to new board games. I know that card sleeves are important protection.

Is there anything I can do to protect game tiles and small foldover boards? As a Milton Bradley/Parker Brothers person, the new gameboards and tiles seem very fragile in comparison.

I rely on the internet to buy what I need. What are the best gamesleeves and where can I buy them? Which retailers would you recommend?

I'd appreciate any advice you might have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiles that you shuffle would likely be difficult to protect - but usually they tiles are only shuffled once a game and then you don't have to worry about them - minimal wear and tear.

As for player aids, gameboards etc. I don't see any real reason to protect those since they have minimal wear due to gaming. I know some people have made scans of what they want so if there is an issue they can always print it out later.

I think the only part of the game that really needs to be protected are the cards and only those that are shuffled frequently.

Not much help but my 2 cents.

EDIT: One more thought. For thinner card stock you can always laminate the components. People have done that for thinner player aids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are as OCD as me, game boards go under plexiglass, no dings,dints, or spills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayumi Hakase
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian,
Brilliant! We play on a glass tabletop, and a sheet of plexi is just the ticket. I'm pretty OCD about my games, as well.

Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.