Today we played our first game using the AW expansion (2-players) and several questions came up.
1. Do german specialists count as "soldiers" regarding Phase 5, so that I would be forced to kill them, when I wouldn´t have enough regulars?
2. Could the Allies ignore the german Molotov Cocktail, while using a Sharpshooter (we assumed yes - but just to be sure)?
3. Is the german "Scharfschuetze" limited to one star per Phase or can I use a bunch of stars in one single phase to reduce the allied soldiers (2 per star)?
4. What about the different wording on the Coastal Artillery Badge decoration ("cannot ignore MGF") and the grenade ("prevents MGF")? Will the Artillery badge cancel the grenade? As I would play the Artillery badge typically after the grenade, things could be pretty clear, but the different wording confused us.
5. Our game ended with 3 german specialists surving the allied assault, as all the allied and german regular soldiers were killed. I played the german and was a little unsure about the last combo of decorations I used. I played the Infantry Assault badge, killing 12 allied soldiers. After that I used the Iron Cross Clasp, took the just played Infantry Assault badge from the discard and played it again, killing another dozen of allies, including all their specialists, as only 4 regular soldiers were left! You could imagine the expression on my wife´s face. Did I play this right? Are there any limitations, which I oversaw?
Edit: Added question No. 3
- Last edited Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 pm (Total Number of Edits: 3)
- Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:59 pm
I would wait to get an official response, but here's how I've been playing it:
1.Yes, that's how I've been playing it, since soldiers work the same for Allies and Germans.
2. Obviously, your Sharpshooter shot the Molotov Cocktail in mid-throw. (Emmanuel, why did you choose Molotov Cocktail over something like the Stielhandgranate? Wouldn't you have liked to save that for the Soviets?
3.We've been playing it as use as much as you want.
4.Artillery Badge would cancel Grenade.
5. Sounds good to me! I usually play the Germans evil-like as well.