Tony Broad
United Kingdom
Unspecified
cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
Had my first game of this today and one of the questions that came up was whether you could fire through a hex containing a plane from your own side at one from the enemy? (all planes at the same height band)

Appreciate that we are probably talking about a big piece of sky but just wondered what the general thoughts were

Also we are looking at adding a few bombers here and there, possibly a couple of HE111, Lancaster's and the like and wondered what the thoughts were on general scale for these as well as does any one have any house stats for movement and fire power for these types of planes?

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no restrictions to firing through a friendly or even an opponent to your target. There's nothing specific allowing/preventing it in the rules, but there is a designer comment in the rules about pilots at the same altitude being able to make the small required adjustments. Use the big sky theory.

There's lots of threads and discussions on bombers here under the A20 page. I've got a bunch of them ranging from 1/87 to 1/155 scale depending on the bomber used. See all the photos I've posted on every bomber I've purchased and who supplies them. I think my HE111's are right in the same scale but my Lancasters are 1/155. Still, they work well in the hexes as a 1/100 Lancaster would be huge for the maps.

Cheers and good hunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most folks play that you can; however, our house rule prohibits firing through a friendly-occupied hex if the firer, target, and intervening friendly are all at the same level.

Any combat pilots feel free to chime in; but, it seems reasonable to me that you wouldn't take that great a risk if your wingman was directly in front of you at the same level (unless you didn't like him very much!)

Regards,

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.