Guy Fullerton
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out the name of a board game I had during the 1980's at some point, and I've been unsuccessfully browsing through the lists of games (by category, year, etc.) trying to find it.

My memories of it are somewhat fuzzy (and possibly inaccurate), but here's what I can picture in my mind's eye:

- Negotiation was a major component of play.
- There were 3- or 4-inch tall plastic heads (that required assembly?) of rulers of various nations: A Stalin-eque one, a Mao-esque one, at least one woman (Thatcher-esque, possibly), etc.
- There may have been a card that went with each of the heads.
- The box art (possibly interior) had artistic depictions of the same heads of state.
- Thematically, its politics were reminiscent of the 1970's or 1980's.
- The box and/or board imagery was fairly dark, and blue-ish, I think. I'm not even sure there was a board!
- I don't recall what the playing pieces looked like, or even if there were playing pieces. (As opposed to cards or something else.)

I had thought it was some Diplomacy offshoot, in part because of the negotiation component of play, and because I thought its name contained "Diplomacy," or was similarly short and evocative of politics/negotiation/diplomacy.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably wrong, but are you mis-remembering this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Fullerton
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Conspiracy might be the one I'm thinking of! (I did play, and probably owned, that 1982 version of Conspiracy.) Thanks!

It's funny how my memories match Conspiracy in some key ways, but might be totally wrong in other ways.

I wonder whether my memories are a conflation of two different games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Possibly Power Barons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was recently introduced to Conspiracy myself and it quickly became one of my favorites. Great game of negotiation, bluffing, and a dash of deduction. Easy to find copies online for dirt cheap. Even if you are mis-remembering it, you should get a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Fullerton
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
Possibly Power Barons.

I found that one when I was doing my searches, and I lingered on it for a while – I think because of the plastic heads. The cards also look kind of familiar. I may have played it at one point, but I decided it wasn't the one I was thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is this also: Colonial Diplomacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.