a03 dunn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, I'm seeking a rule clarification:

As the Filth, what happens if you use Heretic's Rebuke to place a mutation onto an enemy unit that already has a mutation?

The situation came up in a Benders vs Filth match today.

As the Benders, I used the event 'Mind Control' on my opponent's Bestial devil Mutant, taking control of the stack of two cards (Mutant on top, Common underneath). I immediately rushed his Summoner to score some cheap hits.

Next turn, my opponent used the Filth event card "Heretic's Rebuke" on the Bestial devil Mutant I just converted. He decided to play a Corpulent zombie Mutant onto the Bestial devil Mutant.

Then we sat there and puzzled over:
1.) Whether the cost for him to play his Corpulent zombie mutation was reduced by the Bestial devil mutation's cost?
2.) Where the Bestial devil mutation card went (my hand, his hand or in the stack even)?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting puzzle. My inclinations:
1. Yes.
2. His hand.
I base these answers on an uncreative reading of the Mutations rules card and Heretic's Rebuke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
dunna03 wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm seeking a rule clarification:

As the Filth, what happens if you use Heretic's Rebuke to place a mutation onto an enemy unit that already has a mutation?

The situation came up in a Benders vs Filth match today.

As the Benders, I used the event 'Mind Control' on my opponent's Bestial devil Mutant, taking control of the stack of two cards (Mutant on top, Common underneath). I immediately rushed his Summoner to score some cheap hits.

Next turn, my opponent used the Filth event card "Heretic's Rebuke" on the Bestial devil Mutant I just converted. He decided to play a Corpulent zombie Mutant onto the Bestial devil Mutant.

Then we sat there and puzzled over:
1.) Whether the cost for him to play his Corpulent zombie mutation was reduced by the Bestial devil mutation's cost?
2.) Where the Bestial devil mutation card went (my hand, his hand or in the stack even)?

Thanks!
Wow. An interesting situation but my opinion is you cannot cast Heretic's Rebuke on a mutation as it is no longer classed as a 'common' unit and that is one of the stipulations of the event card. I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoDat wrote:
An interesting situation but my opinion is you cannot cast Heretic's Rebuke on a mutation as it is no longer classed as a 'common' unit and that is one of the stipulations of the event card. I love this game!
Eh, from the Mutations rules card: "All Abilities and Events that affect Common Units also affect Mutated Units."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Carthoris wrote:
WhoDat wrote:
An interesting situation but my opinion is you cannot cast Heretic's Rebuke on a mutation as it is no longer classed as a 'common' unit and that is one of the stipulations of the event card. I love this game!
Eh, from the Mutations rules card: "All Abilities and Events that affect Common Units also affect Mutated Units."
My mistake. Thank you for correcting me. In that case Carthoris, your answer would seem to be the one. Still love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
Interesting puzzle. My inclinations:
1. Yes.
2. His hand.
I base these answers on an uncreative reading of the Mutations rules card and Heretic's Rebuke.

I'd 95% go with this. And I'm the guy who should be writing the FAQ instead of being on BGG right now.

I may have to parse through the text again and see if there's anything that would argue otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.