Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know if there is a way the expansions I own will NOT add to the numbers of games I own. Right now, if I add a game to "board game expansions" , it will also increase the number of "board games I own".

I did my homework of searching here but only found about tags and filters and neither one of them will help me with my number crunching/control.

Is this option available anywhere? Or I just skip adding board game expansions (as I have so far)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge there is no option. You can list your expansions in the game comment if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just add them all, but know that your 'true' games owned = OwnedBoardGames MINUS OwnedBoardGameExpansions.

The same is true for logged plays.

The 'Boardgame Collector' microbadges (mb mb mb - manually awarded here) take both games AND expansions into account (and so just use the OwnedBoardGames figure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fel Barros
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad. I'm not much of a expansion fan, only own those who really add to gameplay, but I believe that "artificially inflates" my owned list like small world stuff and catan island from 7 Wonders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well considering you're from brazil, so probably have to pay import duties on each of those expansions equal to the cost of a regular board game anyway . . . the database is okay with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Having the same problem as FakeDutch. I´ve seen my collection "grow" artificially thanks to BGG adding expansions to my Games listing, even some promos appear as games!

Still, no real solution to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
rubendario5 wrote:
Having the same problem as FakeDutch. I´ve seen my collection "grow" artificially thanks to BGG adding expansions to my Games listing, even some promos appear as games!

Still, no real solution to this?

BGG doesn't add them, you do. When you put something in your collection and tick owned, that's +1 to the number of games you own, even if it's just a promo. You can put them in the game comments or you can not tick them as owned--you might set them to Wishlist=do not buy.

You can also filter your collection view to not show expansions. If you Permalink (top right) that view, you can put it in your Quickbar or in a browser bookmark and just use that link to get to your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.