Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
First of all, my apologies again for losing track of the Rules Clarifications thread (especially after I started it!). Those I failed to respond to guessed correctly that I generally just look at the front page and see if there's anything I haven't clicked on yet. Thus, the best way to get a prompt rules answer is to make a new post.

Now, to answer a few questions from that forgotten thread:

Quote:
Does a kill from the top of a monster card result in a hunt (Earthsinger), or only from the action portion of the card? If it can hunt from a kill from the top portion of the card, can a monster hunt during the heros' turn (Blackshard Corruptor)?

Yes. And yes.

Quote:
Is it just me or is "Activate Powers" virtually impossible to get off? I've never seen the monsters manage to activate powers once out of ~5 games now. It's just always sealed before they get there, and if/when a monster gets that since the card is never out, it makes the monster seem weak as well.

It is entirely too unlikely. I'm working to fix it; this is the one truly substantive change to gameplay/mechanics that could come of a Second Edition.

Quote:
If 2 monsters are on the same "step" of town progression, how do you decide which goes first? Is it based on when they originally entered play (even though it was same turn)? Or random each turn? Or do players get to choose?

It is based on when they originally entered play, with the monster that entered play first acting first. So I make a line of them and monsters act right to left (starting from 3, ending at Start), bottom to top.
If multiple monsters Rampage, they're considered to land in the Start space in the order they Rampaged.
Since Rampaging monsters move to the Start space between the Monsters Act and Monsters Gain Power steps, they're always moving to an empty Start space. If the Start space is somehow occupied when they arrive, they're considered "newer" than whatever's already there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.