Popular Tags: [View All]
monsieur houbigant
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
City 'Til I Die
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking at command & colors ancients scenarios , most of which can be modified , albeit abstractly for pocket battles.Here's one I came up with today from a 2nd expansion set scenario between Germanic tribes and Imperial Rome.It worked well , the Celts winning by just one casualty point.

ANGRIVARII RAMPART 16AD

CELTS - Celts are the defenders and have 6 order tokens.
Right Rear - 1 Noblemen
Right Front – 1 Horsemen , I Noble Cavalry , Champion , 1 Javelinmen , 2 Slingers
Right Engagement zone – 1 Javelinmen , 1 Warband.
Centre Front – 2 Warbands , 1 Javelinmen
Left Front – 1 Noblemen , Warchief , 2 Warbands , Javelinmen

ROMANS - Romans are the attackers and have 9 order tokens due to their superior command.
Left Rear – 2 Archers , 2 Auxiliaries , Centurion
Left Front – 1 Auxiliaries
Centre Front – 2 Legionaries , 1 Auxiliaries
Centre Rear – 1 Legionaries , 1 Praetorians , 1 Archers , 2 Cavalry , Imaginifer
Right Front – 2 Legionaries , 1 Archers
Right Rear – 1 Cavalry , 1 Praetorian , Aquilifer , 1 Onager

TERRAIN –
The engagement zone on the Celt right and the Roman left is heavily wooded , Roman charges do not gain the usual extra die roll.

The Celt centre front and left front are protected by fortifications.When a unit in one of these zones is charged by a Roman unit they may roll an extra die when striking back.If a Celt unit makes a charge they do not receive this bonus.At the end of any battle round , if any of these zones have no Celt units deployed within , the Romans gain 12 points for the centre front and 9 points for the left front.

The Celt left and Roman right zones – front , rear and engagement contain a river.There can only be a maximum of two troops in each unit because of deployment restrictions in these zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

I'd like to see more of these if you have the time. Perhaps collate them in a document and upload to the Files section?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ousgg wrote:
Nice.

I'd like to see more of these if you have the time. Perhaps collate them in a document and upload to the Files section?

Absolutely seconded.

Love the idea of scenarios!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded?

Love the idea too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the very first historical scenario for Pocket Battles! thumbsup

Thank you very much!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see one (or more ) for the Roman invasion of Britain circa 43 A.D.

Imagine the battles with the Romans trying to cross the Thames, only to be met by Togodumnus and Caratacus; or, the Romans campaign against the Durotriges and Dumnonii tribes...attacking the hill forts like Maiden Castle (Mai Dun) or Pilsden, with the Legio Augusta II under Vespasian!

Covetous...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.