Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was rather surprised to see on the mage cards that the Beastmaster and Priestess are Wood and High elves respectively.
They look exactly like humans. Perhaps in this world they are very similar in physical build?

What are the physical characteristics of elves that differentiate them from humans in this world? Both mages have their ears either completely covered of mostly covered, so I cannot see any pointy ear tips. And a bearded elf is rather uncommon depending on what lore you follow.

Don't get me wrong, the art is beautiful. I just did a doubletake when I read the races on their cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pictures are in the images section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
Yes, Wood and High elves are very similar to humans in Etheria. Both are usually tall, lean, and lanky.
High Elves are fair skinned and fair haired, and have pointed ears. They have an exceptionally strong code of honor, and are usually followers of Asyra. They are have strong natural magical proclivity and are very intelligent.
Wood Elves have dark brown hair, which is usually partially braided. They are a rugged outdoor folk, a little darker skinned than the High Elves. They are rangers and naturalists, living in harmony with plants and animals, with a natural talent for Nature magic. Wood Elves have slightly pointed ears, less so than the High Elves. The Beastmaster is pictured with his ears usually covered, but some have human blood in their line and their ears are nearly rounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Galactus wrote:
Yes, Wood and High elves are very similar to humans in Etheria. Both are usually tall, lean, and lanky.
High Elves are fair skinned and fair haired, and have pointed ears. They have an exceptionally strong code of honor, and are usually followers of Asyra. They are have strong natural magical proclivity and are very intelligent.
Wood Elves have dark brown hair, which is usually partially braided. They are a rugged outdoor folk, a little darker skinned than the High Elves. They are rangers and naturalists, living in harmony with plants and animals, with a natural talent for Nature magic. Wood Elves have slightly pointed ears, less so than the High Elves. The Beastmaster is pictured with his ears usually covered, but some have human blood in their line and their ears are nearly rounded.

Thanks for clarifying! Counting the days till my copy arives...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.