Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There's a nice long post about strategies and tactics in Alak over at Board Game Strategies.

I'd repost it here but I didn't write it and I don't want to be presumptive about other people's content, so you'll have to go through the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
can a game like Alak be played on a two dimensional board? would it be of greater depth? Also the concept or the Redstone game might be an interesting addition....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia Milne
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a game like Alak be played on a 2 dimensional board, and would it add depth?

Yes Alek can be extended to two dimensions and it has much much greater depth. In fact the depth is so great that it supports many professional players in Japan, China and Korea, and they make a comfortable living.

The game is called Go. Alek was invented as an example of a one dimensional game that was played in a two dimensional universe, in the book called The Planiverse. Alek was a 1 dimensional analog of the two dimensional board game Go which is played in our three dimensional universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.