Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a Vailin Event that gave a Vailin Dragon 4 additional d10's to the Attack.

However I was NOT the Attacker - could I have used this card?
It said to use it 'during this Attack' - not sure what that meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strictly speaking- no. You were defending, not attacking.

Otherside of coin- defending units and attacking units both inflict damage during "an attack".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dasrak Drathus
msg tools
The card's play instructions read: "Play just before you roll a Vailin Dragon's attack dice"

There is no constraint that you must be the attacker. Cards that actually do have such a constraint explicitly say so in their play instructions, so I'd say this is definitely referring to an attack roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dasrak wrote:
The card's play instructions read: "Play just before you roll a Vailin Dragon's attack dice"

There is no constraint that you must be the attacker. Cards that actually do have such a constraint explicitly say so in their play instructions, so I'd say this is definitely referring to an attack roll.

So the question still lies: "When you're defending are your rolls considered Attack rolls?"

PLUS all things considered - if you look at the rules all dice are called ATTACK die.
I still don't think that answered the question, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dasrak Drathus
msg tools
From the rulebook: "Pieces roll attack dice whether they're attacking or defending"

The card says: "Play just before you roll a Vailin Dragon's attack dice"

I don't see how there's any ambiguity when you take these two clauses toegether. The rulebook explicitly says that defenders roll attack dice, and the card says you can activate it whenever you roll attack dice for a dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dasrak wrote:
From the rulebook: "Pieces roll attack dice whether they're attacking or defending"

The card says: "Play just before you roll a Vailin Dragon's attack dice"

That pretty much sums it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.