Popular Tags: [View All]
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you play the Necklace card after all players have completed their bidding for the cycle. This prevents any of them from attacking you until the end of the turn.
What does this mean? Players can only attack during their action phases anyway, so what difference would that make? Or does this mean no one can attack you until the next turn? That would make sense if it is true. I'm thinking this is another translation error; hope someone can shed some light on it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means, if someone won Ares, and another player won Poseidon, neither of those players could attack your troops or fleets this turn. You use it after the bidding to see who won who, and can decide if you want immunity that turn or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks! That's what I was hoping it meant, but the way it reads in the rules is confusing. It should read "no one can attack you until the next turn". "End of the turn" makes no sense..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Vichi
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may go a bit OT, but I don't understand why the original phrasing is confusing.
Being protected until the "end of turn" seems correct to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Sergeev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules booklet says that The Necklace of Harmony protects from "military strike" and during our last game we had a dispute about what does that term exactly mean. So my questions are:

1. Does this item protect from a march to player's island with no troops on it (but with some buildings)? Or "military strike" suggests only starting a battle?

2. Does it protect from mythological creatures, such as Harpy, Giant, Kraken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bradshaw
Australia
Baulkham Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaarj wrote:
The rules booklet says that The Necklace of Harmony protects from "military strike" and during our last game we had a dispute about what does that term exactly mean. So my questions are:

1. Does this item protect from a march to player's island with no troops on it (but with some buildings)? Or "military strike" suggests only starting a battle?

2. Does it protect from mythological creatures, such as Harpy, Giant, Kraken?

These are the questions I came here looking to answer..

I've ended up interpreting it as a normal military battle through movement, so the answers to these 2 questions would be No & No..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Designer has answered here:

Re: Aphrodite+undead, chariot+hero, necklace+monster, belt+Apollo

Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
3 Does the Necklace of Harmony protect from Harpy, Siren, Pegasus and Kraken? (I'm guessing just Pegasus)

Harmony's necklace is a protection agains military attack on an island.. that means against Ares and/or pegasus move !

So I would think the necklace would protect from using Ares even to attack an undefended island.

No protection from Mythological creatures though (aside from Pegasus).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.