Popular Tags: [View All]
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Subject: Chat Room For The Crew Of The Pablukland Wren
Ahoy Spacefarers! This be the parking spot for Bot Wars inquiry.

Below is the current roster of the ship (this post will be updated as it changes) in the following format:
BGG account (if any), Posting Account, Real People name, Battlestations name, Species, Profession
Those entries beginning with "Available" are available for selection. Imagine!

Camelorn, Camelorn, Flush, Xush, Xeloxian, Scientist

Wulf Corbett, Wulf Corbett, Ka (like in cat), Kapezoid, Silicoid, Marine

Available, Corpulent Runt, Runt, Corpulent Runt, Tentac, Scientist

CarlSalminen, CarlSalminen, Melkie, MrrKrr, Zoallan, Marine

None, Commander Red, Little Red, Red, Minutian, Pilot

Nellerina, tkTakk, Giraffe, tkTakk, Canosian, Engineer

RockingHorseDreams, RockingHorseDreams, Snug Bug, Snug Bug, Human, Pilot

Available, Cowbot, Cowbot, Cowboy, Bot, Pilot

Available, Chap Daddy, Chappy, Chappahc, Chronosian, Engineer

Participants will be receiving data through this forum, private geekmail, and through the Bot Wars videos and making decisions when prompted. You are free to discuss things here as you will.
You will all be taking on the role of one of the above characters. Again, as I commented on youtube, there isn't a huge time pressure involved with this. I try to give a relavent synopsis of the videos so that viewership is not a requirement for participation.

To be clear, you won't need to be responsible for all the character's decisions. Mainly, you will be in charge of group decisions regarding the use of Intel as well as which available mission to take. There may be some during mission decisions that involve some deducing, as well.

For those of you interested in joining at a later time, check out the characters marked "Available" above. Further, it is possible that more crew will be added. It is also possible that your character will die due to decisions I make. Those chances, however, are improved based on how you use your Intel (this will be explained more thoroughly later).

If you are familiar with the Bot Wars missions, please recuse yourself from participation. You may be able to join at a later time should the crew opt to continue past the Bot Wars (if they survive). Thanks!

Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl_S Gamer
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I like the idea of being Melkie. My sister is a psychologist and I've had many interesting discussions with her on the subject and about what it's like to do that kind of work. So, if no one else has strong feelings for that role, I'd take it on.

I am open to discussing other roles, too, that's just my first choice.

Hi, everyone. My name's Carl in real life, my YouTube channel is NaturalTwentyFilms.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome Carl! I can't say anything else because I want ya'll to pick yer cats, except to add that Carl likely knows the Real People better than anybody. Discuss away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we need to know anything about the rules of the game - because I don't... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nope, not really. Marines are the fighty guys, Engineers are engineers, pilots fly the ship, scientists- like Runt- have an ability to scan things. Basically, that means they get to ask a question about it. There may be times when I allow whoever plays Runt to do that mid-mission (we'll see how things go), but for the most part, y'all will be deciding which of two missions the next one will be and how you'll spend what's called Intel. Intel lets you ask questions about the Bots (the bad guys in this campaign) and determine which mission- the one you take or the one you don't, gets the Crystal Ship reinforcement. That's about all the somewhat rules-like stuff you need to know, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gregor wrote:
There may be times when I allow whoever plays Runt to do that mid-mission (we'll see how things go)...
Well, given my time zone compared to yours I'd better avoid that to prevent too many holdups. Put me down for Ka As In Cat, the marine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Hello Gregor wrote:
There may be times when I allow whoever plays Runt to do that mid-mission (we'll see how things go)...
Well, given my time zone compared to yours I'd better avoid that to prevent too many holdups. Put me down for Ka As In Cat, the marine.

Oooh! I like it (although I wouldn't worry about hold-ups). I guess we can just say that you two first comers are the Marines- Ka (as in cat) and Melkie. Your character's names, by the way, are Lieutenant Kapezoid and Junior Lieutenant Mrrkrr.
If y'all agree, I'll send you some more information in a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gregor wrote:
If y'all agree, I'll send you some more information in a bit.
Sounds fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Miner
United States
Monterey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll be Runt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Theminer wrote:

I'll be Runt.

Oooh! I like the strange symmetry of a miner pretending to be a creature of rock.

Edit: Although I liked that idea, he's actually playing a creature of tentacles. I got too excited for my own good clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl_S Gamer
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Oh, I see, my in-game character is not a psychologist - that's the real people occupation. My bad. So, I need to get my space marine mindset turned on! Cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alright, while we're waiting for our fourth (Pegasus) to show up, a bit of prose to start things off:

A new day has dawned across the galaxy- a day with a solitary sun, rising in countless star-systems simultaneously; a sun composed of crystal. The clever guys who name things named the planet Crystallia.
A tad more recently than the recent discovery of the planet was the discovery that the substance, the strange crystal, out of which the planet is composed has amazing properties! For, you see, the crystal of Crystallia, when used to gaudily decorate a space ship, grants that space ship a sort of pseudo sentience, thereby enabling it to do more than a more naked ship. Specifically, a space ship, so decorated, can anticipate the desires of its crew and act on its own in order to meet those wants. Far more effective in field tests than some automaton!
The Pablukland Wren, thanks to its crews recent staycation, is one of the last to undergo the decorative upgrade. Now, with the twin beauties of a new prototype ship composed entirely of crystal and Crystallia itself on the view screen, the crew is afforded a last few hours of on-board RandR as the Bots finish their decoration of the ships interior. The crew, that is, minus a conspicuous absence. Cowboy did not make it back from the recent staycation- either something untoward befell the ship's pilot or, worse, Cowboy has gone rogue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CarlSalminen wrote:
Oh, I see, my in-game character is not a psychologist - that's the real people occupation. My bad. So, I need to get my space marine mindset turned on! Cool.

Kinda. You're playing a psychologist who's playing a Space Marine. I'll send you more data later today.

Another thing to note is that Battlestations is definitely more board game than RPG. Thus, you'll be thinking more as the Real People than the space characters (if you were to weight it one way or another.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl_S Gamer
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Understood! I've become very familiar with the R.P.P. (Real People Paradigm) by this point through your awesome tournament videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Data has been sent to all players.

Pegasus has decided to disembark in order to seek out Cowboy- heading out on the ship that brought her and Cowboy's replacements. You may choose to wave goodbye or ignore her departure.

Let me know if there's anything in particular you want to do prior to the start of the mission. It shall be starting later today.

Anyone who is interested in taking part in this experiment, do let me know. I expect there will be more characters available soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl_S Gamer
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Melkie waves goodbye. In her expression, all can see that Melkie seems concerned, or at least curious, about the true motive behind Pegasus' departure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a crew of 4 run the ship? Do we need another ensign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Can a crew of 4 run the ship? Do we need another ensign?

There's really no reason not to have one. The ship currently has life support for five crew. The rules are such that if you don't have PCs to fill those slots, then an NPC is assigned. In this case, it is fairly necessary since, of the three you have, two are doubled up. The two functions you're missing are Pilot and Engineer. Both are pretty important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched 17 and realise you already dealt with this.

Reluctantly, I wish Pegasus luck, while not entirely agreeing with her priorities...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Shiny!
mbmbmbmbmb
Late for the show but more than willing to join.
If that's ok for you:

Touched by Melkie's and Ka's goodbyes, Pegasus changes her mind and stays on the ship to join in the next mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Camelorn wrote:
Late for the show but more than willing to join.
If that's ok for you:

Touched by Melkie's and Ka's goodbyes, Pegasus changes her mind and stays on the ship to join in the next mission.

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately, Pegasus' absence is unavoidable due to the connection with the larger Origins game (if you're unaware of that, let me know and I'll get you up to date as to just what's going on here). I expect there will be more crew for the next mission, however, so if you want to take part, send me a geek-mail and I'll give you first choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alright. First mission proper begins tomorrow. So y'all have tonight (or whatever time of day it is where you are) to mill about yourselves. Your Ensigns have arrived: Ensign Snug Bug, a human male, is Cowboy's replacement. X-Ray, the Crossing Guard Lady is the absurd name of the ship's new Xeloxian engineer (floating jacks with hands and eyes on the end of each of its six appendages.)
Final note, Runt is the current ranking Officer. Although the Pablukland Wren has not been such a stickler for the chain of command, the Ensigns do not know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Miner
United States
Monterey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"All hands, assume your stations. Prepare to get underway."

"Port maneuvering thrusters, 20 degrees starboard - easy, easy..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl_S Gamer
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
"Did I remember to pack my Dramamine or did I leave it next to that bottle of Kentucky whiskey grandma gave me last Valentine's Day? Crap, this is gonna be a long trip."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Shiny!
mbmbmbmbmb
Theminer wrote:
"All hands, assume your stations. Prepare to get underway."

"Port maneuvering thrusters, 20 degrees starboard - easy, easy..."

A slightly insecure voice reports over the Comm:
Ensign Snug Bug at the Helm. Port thrusters firing, assuming course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.