6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Scotland

Subject: RPG in Aberdeen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair (or Ally) Lindsay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I am moving to Aberdeen on the 3rd of september and am only 17, but have been playing wargames(40K Tyranids), card games(MTG, Pokemon, Flux, Munchkin), and rpgs(Pathfinder,D&D, Darwins world, D20, Rogue Trader, etc...) for around 7-8 years. And also board games like (carcassone, settlers of catan, monopoly, Zombies!!!, Talisman, Risk, Munchkin, etc...). Anyway I own several RPG books(will have all pathfinder hardbacks by december), Talisman 4th edition (the old version of 4th), Tyranid Army (40K), and hundreds of PDF's for rpg games. I also play games via PC(steam, gfwl, gog, etc...) and Xbox 360, sometimes PS3.
I will be looking for a group in Aberdeen. So my question is: Can anyone link me to a group that allows my age group to play or that will make an acception since ive been playing so long, or if anyone has a group of friends who play that need more members or something like that, may i join your group? I dont have much experience as a dm/gm but i can give it a go if need be.
Best regards and ta
Ally Lindsay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alisdair,

There are few groups around Aberdeen. Sundays there is a group that meets up in the Holburn Bar upstairs (about ten minutes walk from city centre). Under 18s are able to join in. The groups mainly plays Magic and Warmachine/Hordes.

There is an RPG club that meets on Tuesday evening in Korova bar called knights of trinity (find through facebook or get me contact details and I'll get them to touch base with you). Not sure if it's available for under 18s.

Also on Tuesday there is a group of us including me that meet in Ma Camerons for board games. Not sure on under 18s policy. Will get some one to check as I head offshore end of this week.

At the Aberdeen Grammar former pupils club the Aberdeen Wargamers meet on Tuesdays also. I know at least one of them play warhammer.

Other than that try and search for AURA (Aberdeen University Rolplaying Association). Send me a message and I often host on weekends for boardgames when I'm onshore.

Lastly there are stores to check in case I've missed anyone. GW store, Plan 9, Asylum Comics. I would say Plan 9 is best bet for non-warhammer gaming. Small selection but good service and they order for request.

Cheers
Moray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian mcdougall
Scotland
flag msg tools
hi moray!

resident in aberdeen. looking for boardgamers. ma cameron's still running? happy to play most subjects of boardgaming but NOT warhammer etc or roleplaying. a fan and big collection of avalon hill ST & Tac GDW and many other oldies. hope to hear from you or other like minded boardgamers.

ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaheen Savarnejad
Scotland
Hamilton
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of a couple of groups in Aberdeen that might be of use to you (Trinity and Aberdeen Uni come to mind). You can find their details on the map compiled by those over at Central Belt Pick-Up Games here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/user?uid=211180759489702721961...

Link to Central Belt PUGs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/164138950300208/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry my bad for not following the thread. Yes games are still on in Aberdeen and running at Ma Camerons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone interested in some Aberdeen Squad Leader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.