Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If a unit has activated in a past turn... can it take a wound in a later turn...

2. In a coop- when I attack the city, and my buddy joins, does he alwas have to pay 2 mov to assualt?

3. If I have a unit with 5 armor, and the banner that gives him +1 armor and fire/Ice resistence... When a unit with (6) Fire or ice or FireICe attack, I can opt not to block... and then go to apply wounds to this unit with the banner... The enemy's attack would be aborbed by my unit with the banner... Since he would have needed a 12 attack to get through the resitence, My unit would not take a wound, and would not have been activated... right?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, provided it is unwounded.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, in that example, 6 Fire or Ice attack would not wound the unit, 7 Fire or Ice attack would wound your unit. Your unit will not be spent, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael... How would the 7 wound the unit... Thanks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A resistant unit absorbs an amount of that type of damage equal to its armor without getting wounded. Even one point of damage beyond that will wound the unit.

In your example,

Fire attack 1-6: Your unit is not wounded.
Fire attack 7-12: Your unit absorbs all the damage, but is wounded.
Fire attack 13+: Your unit absorbs 12 points of damage, is wounded, and 1+ damage remains to be assigned elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget this easily overlooked rule: If you assign damage to a unit, even if it doesn't take a wound, you can't assign damage again to the same unit in the same battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Mike... I think I found my confusion...

Pg. 8 of the Rule book:
Units resistent to the given type of attack can absorb twice as much damage as they have armour...and are wounded ONLY if the damage was greater than their armor...

Some Armor 6 Fire Resistent vs Fire Attack of 8...

I can absorb 12 Fire Attack... no wound?

Sorry... just trying to be sure I get this right..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, any damage greater than 6 will wound the unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're still getting it wrong. Units resistant to the given type of attack can absorb twice as much damage as they have armour. In your example this is 12 damage. And they are wounded only if the damage was greater than their armour. In your example, the damage is greater than the unit's armour. The armour is six, and the damage is eight. So it can absorb 12 fire attack, but only takes a wound if it absorbs seven or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.. never mind... I think i FINALLY get it... just read pg 20... makes sense now...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Ok.. never mind... I think i FINALLY get it... just read pg 20... makes sense now...

Thanks!

Read page 8 - Assign Damage Phase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.