Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my final position after finishing my 3rd attempt at the Solo Conquest scenario. I was very happy with achieving my first victory.

Here's the summary of my score calculation:

Fame at end of last turn: 86
Greatest Knowledge: 13 (3 spells, 7 advanced actions)
Greatest Loot: 0 (ended with one white crystal and zero arftifacts)
Greatest Leader: 12 (2+3+3+4)
Greatest Conqueror: 4 (1 mage tower, 1 fortress)
Greatest Adventurer: 2 (1 ancient ruins)
Greatest Beating: -46 (23 wounds in my deck)
Cities conquered: 20 (white lvl 5 and green lvl 8)
All cities conquered: 15
One unplayed round: 30
Cards left in dummy deck: 0
End of round not announced: 5

Total: 141 points

My reputation ended at -1 (influence modifier of 0)
Dummy player was Tovak

As you can see, I took alot of wounds, but as I played Arythea and got Power of Pain as my first skill, I was not afraid to take wounds for once and I didn't use a single heal. Not a single unit was wounded either. My deck was so big at the end that I had real trouble keeping up with the dummy player. Power of Pain is now my new favorite skill

So, why am I posting this? For one thing, I'm happy because I beat the scenario for the first time. Second, I want some tip from you guys on how to improve. That is, if you see something obvious mistakes I made or on what area (apart from wounds ofc) I should focus on improving from the report above that I need to focus on. If not then I guess practice is the only way to get better

Obviously, the wounds cost me alot of points but they also felt necessary (in spite of ending the game before last round was started). And I have to say, if it wasn't for Power of Pain I would probably go back to fearing wounds. Dealing with wounds is probably my biggest problem so far. Guess I have alot to learn yet. Hehe!

Final question: Is it just me or is the white and green city easier than the red and blue city?

PS: I would have posted this as a session report, but I figured it wasn't detailed enough and I didn't bother taking notes during the game. Maybe next time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More conquest and adventure sites, especially dungeons. You need a solid hand, but that extra spell or artifact you get can really start you steamrolling to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to start keeping my score. When I pull myself away from Skyrim Dawnguard I'm playing a conquest solo again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on your win.

It is very difficult to give specific advice about what you could have done better without seeing your specific hands and situations each turn. But of course a report that detailed is a lot more work for you!

Even with the Power of Pain skill, 23 wounds is too much! Taking wounds should be considered a necessary evil, even when playing Arythea. Look for opportunities to end turns in magical glades, and heal with Tranquility and at monasteries and villages when you can. You want to be able to play through your entire deck each turn.

I recommend that you give a different hero (who cannot use wound cards to his advantage) a try next. Take wounds when you must do so to win an important battle, then find a way to throw them away.

Edit: Actually, I consider the White city the toughest, especially if Altem Guardians show up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
Congratulations on your win.

It is very difficult to give specific advice about what you could have done better without seeing your specific hands and situations each turn. But of course a report that detailed is a lot more work for you!

Even with the Power of Pain skill, 23 wounds is too much! Taking wounds should be considered a necessary evil, even when playing Arythea. Look for opportunities to end turns in magical glades, and heal with Tranquility and at monasteries and villages when you can. You want to be able to play through your entire deck each turn.

I recommend that you give a different hero (who cannot use wound cards to his advantage) a try next. Take wounds when you must do so to win an important battle, then find a way to throw them away.

Edit: Actually, I consider the White city the toughest, especially if Altem Guardians show up there.

Yes, I realized my mistake about the wounds once I counted them at the end.

For my next game I used Tovak and got his ability to discard one wound per turn. That too was very powerful, but at the end I still got rid of most of my wounds and ended up with only three of them. That's a HUGE improvement from 23.

And I got the white city that time too and Altem Guardians as one of my three opponents. They probably was the reason I had to do a forced withdrawal and spend two turns in total to take the city.

Here's the report I did: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/841396/tovak-solo-conque...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I love reading reports and sessions.

Makes me want to play... at work.

Is someone working on the iOS for this?!?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.