Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be too late to change, but I think the Overlord should have been playing Saboteur cards to take advantage of Grisban's and Leoric's pathetic "1" attributes.

Using Warlord cards just plays to this party's strengths.

Side note: You said the Overlord has a Warlord I card and a Warlord II card. You can't get any level II cards until you get two level I cards of the same type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
may be 2 warlord I 1 warlord II with only 1 exp left

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The monsters get a huge bump in act 2. Almost all monsters do 3 dice damage, except for a few minions. Most monsters have better defense and more health. Also their surges are all better. The leutenaunts also have better stats.

The heroes have 1 3 dice weapon. If the OL concentrates on that hero, then the heroes can have a heard time winning the first quest of act 2. If the OL wins they can pick the hardest quest for the heroes, and some are not balanced.

In one of my campaigns the heroes won the first 6 quests then lost two in a row to lose act 2. Don't underestimate the power of act 2 monsters.

Edit: the necro reanimate gives a 2nd 3 dice attack, makes it a bit tougher. Although I find that the reanimate is great in act 1 and only ok in act 2, shrug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The trick with 2nd edition seems to be picking quality monsters over quantity. Have you ever tried a shadow dragon on Act II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting, because we're playing with three heroes, and they chose two warriors and a healer, and I've found with this particular hero group that it's better for me to choose lots of monsters instead of fewer stronger ones. They gang up on and wipe out single monsters pretty easily with this particular hero group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:

Edit: the necro reanimate gives a 2nd 3 dice attack, makes it a bit tougher. Although I find that the reanimate is great in act 1 and only ok in act 2, shrug.

why 3 dice attack ? i upgrade fury of death army of death what should i upgrade next

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miloboy wrote:
youperguy wrote:

why 3 dice attack ? i upgrade fury of death army of death what should i upgrade next

I think there is skill called something like Vamperic Blood (?) that give the reanimate a yellow attack dice. So that it rolls blue+red+yellow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.